new ZOTAC ZBOX nano ID61
(2012-05-09, 22:45)peppe_sr Wrote: here i am
test passed using the windows media player.
test not passed using xbmc. the file played through xbmc is crap. i seem to be always under buffer. it goes into pause after a couple of seconds of playback. do you think i have to install something to play the file in the right way. any suggestion is welcome.
each test without other software installed as coodec or something else
peppe

I know that Windows Media Player will use whatever codecs and global settings for those codecs. If I install a codec package like the one from link and play with some of the settinggs they will be reflected in WMP (and in Windows Media Center also). I'm not familiar with XBMC, just started with it, it may be that it has it's internal settings and does not use any system wide ones. The only thing that comes to my mind from your case is that WMP uses hardware acceleration (it looks like it works for the videoclips) and XBMC does not, and the CPU can not handle this. Maybe somebody with more XBMC experience can help here.
sincerely, using xbmc, i tried both with that without hardware acceleration, in xbmc in video settings we can turn on or off that feature (DXVA2).
now i'm thinking that i played the file from my server through a wifi connection. i have to play the file from local.
bye bye
I have the ID61 and used the XBMC BUNTU (xbmcbuntu-12.00-beta1-repack.iso). The install went fine. Everything works fine execpt that playback at 1080P is choppy. I'm connecting to my unraid server via smb. Just to rule out my unraid, I already have and use a popcorn hour A-300, popcorn hour a-110, and WD Live TV, all connecting to my unraid server via smb and play full 1080p movies without any issues. I've tried two zotac zbox nano's, the ID61 and the A11 Plus, both have choppy playback with 1080p.

I read that some have fixed this with buffer settings (cochise??) but I cannot find the thread or the instructions. Without 1080P playback, the zotac boxes are junk to me.

I love the xmbc, which I cannot run on the popcorn hours, so it would be great if I can fix the playback.

Thanks!
what about 1080P with this box+openelec+frodo ?
is the fan an issue ?
thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new ZOTAC ZBOX nano ID610