Installing XBMCbuntu on USB Stick (ION 330 HT-BD)
Hi, i have a problem installing XBMCbuntu (xbmcbuntu-11.0.iso).

I have burned the iso file (with verification) and tried to install XBMCbuntu on a 16GB USB Stick which is connected with my ASRock ION 330 HT-BD. The ION has no HDD connected, only the Blu-Ray Drive, because i want to use it as a streaming client and my files are stored on my server.

So i inserted the XBMCbuntu CD, booted from CD and after the setup had loaded i've selected install. Then i've connected the USB Stick and it was recognized. Also my internet connection light was green. The stick was recognized correctly (it was FAT32 formatted) and toggled the standard partition config.
After a while the installation was finished...(he downloaded files from the internet and i entered my username/password and the timezone...)
So the tray opened, i removed the CD and restarted.

Now i'm stuck:
Quote:error: hd0 out of disk
grub rescue>

I'm not so familiar with ubuntu so i've absolutely no idea what to do...I tried google, found a lot of topic regarding ubuntu but i'm really lost...
I still have no clue how to solve the problem. I thaught, that installing XBMCbuntu from CD to USB Flash Drive is a standard procedure "without problems". Wink
Hi,

Always try to have the USB stick inserted before booting the XBMCbuntu. It is common for many BIOS to recognize a USB stick as a "hard disk" and not as "removable media" which can then affect how GRUB will be configured.

WWell,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing XBMCbuntu on USB Stick (ION 330 HT-BD)0