HTPC-OpenElec-Build
Hey, as long as the wife likes it you're good to go Smile Smile
(2013-02-15, 02:06)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Now promise you'll post pictures of the build when you get everything and are putting it together!

As promised, I took pics during my build. Won't be able to test out XBMC until i get some time off from work, hopefully in a few days.
I'm still planning on running Windows 8 with it. Hopefully don't run into any issues with the software. Fingers crossed. Thanks again to
everyone who provided inputs, especially Dougie and Young.

Good Clearance on this board with low profile ram. Thx for that tip!

All fans were replaced with Noctua NF-P12s

Good Space and AirFlow. All 5 hard drive trays removed. Can add later if I decide to set it up as a server.
13 inch wide inside clearance for a video card if I ever wanted to beef it up for heavy gaming.

I still really prefer the black look for blending, but my wife loves that damn orange.
Nice. The orange will be a conversation piece Wink.
Well all the software is installed an I must say, for my first HTPC and noob XBMC user, I am one happy camper. Goodbye Boxee Box. You made the family happy for years. My wife loves it. My 4 yr old daughter made the cutest comment today. She goes "daddy, that looks so much better than the boxeeee, so many pretty colors." Now it's time to tinker with it. It's playing everything flawlessly. Aeon Nox skin is nice. I think I might check out some other skins. Love all the customization in this software.
How did you mount the noctua? Isn't the back plate pressing on the chip on the back? Thanks
(2013-03-18, 20:55)hazna Wrote: How did you mount the noctua? Isn't the back plate pressing on the chip on the back? Thanks

Okay so the noctua is simply clipped in on top of the cooler. The stock fan can easily be removed. The back plate does not press against the chip. It actually comes with these little cushions that go between the plate and the motherboard. Very simple install. You can watch a guy do it on YouTube.
Hi Smile
No problem between Scythe Big Shuriken backplate and FM2A85X-ITX ?
Thanks !
(2013-06-20, 17:56)DJSkurt Wrote: Hi Smile
No problem between Scythe Big Shuriken backplate and FM2A85X-ITX ?
Thanks !

Nope. Zero problems. Everything installs easy. Just make sure you have low profile memory.
Thanks Smile
What is the max height for low profile memory ? Thanks again Wink
(2013-06-21, 08:37)DJSkurt Wrote: Thanks Smile
What is the max height for low profile memory ? Thanks again Wink

Sorry for the super delayed response. I think different type of low pro memory will have diff heights, but if you can see the pics above, you can see that there isn't much space between my big shurk 2 and the memory, but again i think that will always be dependent on MB, MEM and cooler. Hope that helps you mate. Again, apologies for such a delayed response.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC-OpenElec-Build1