• 22(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
(2012-04-28, 15:07)MrKay Wrote: I have just ordered this case and want to go fan less like your build. Only problem is where can i get a 120W or 135W power brick in uk that will work with this case thanks

http://www.itx-warehouse.co.uk/

I used this website to order mine from. Also got a quick response from them via email, just in case you want to ask any questions before you order. Delivery was also very quick.

Hope this helps Smile
Thanks for your reply jack0w. The only problem is i have no idea what one to get since am new to this building stuff can you please provide a link of the power brick thanks also any idea what motherboard i should go for thanks
I cant decide what cpu cooler to go for. Should i go for Scythe SCSK-1100 100mm Shuriken Rev. B 3 or Thermaltake CLP0527 am gonna get the same motherboard as beer and probably go for a different ssd and ram
Try the Scythe SCSK-1100 100mm easy install (clips on sides.... no under the mobo..).... no need to cut bracket.... cools nicely and quiet...
I own it too!
well MrKay, the choice is yours.
i mean, you know there's 3 different coolers that you can buy.

-Thermaltake CLP0527
-Scythe SCSK-1100
-Scythe SCSK-2100

i'd still go for the Scythe coolers if i were you.
and if u dont feel like cutting the drive cage bracket like Beer40 did,
then, just get the Scythe SCSK-1100, no cutting needed.

also which APU are you going with MrKay?
Thanks guys for your reply. am going for the a6 3500 and not waiting for the new apu. i'll go with the Scythe SCSK-1100 100mm this will be my first ever build allready ordered the the same case as beer
I have read some bad reviews of the motherboard beer has and am a bit scared since this will be my first every build. i want to spend as low as possible for this build since everything in uk is expansive. does any one have a link for a power brick in uk for 120w or a 135w thanks
(2012-04-28, 15:53)MrKay Wrote: Thanks for your reply jack0w. The only problem is i have no idea what one to get since am new to this building stuff can you please provide a link of the power brick thanks also any idea what motherboard i should go for thanks

Apologies for the slow response!

I've just had a look on the website again, it seems they only stock 110w & 150w power bricks which is not exactly what you were looking for Confused

Do you definitely need a 120w or 135w power brick? I bought 110w to be on the safe side, though am consuming much less power than that - see my test results below:

67w max whilst running Prime95 (this stresses the CPU much more than you would manage in normal usage). 43w max playing 1080p video in XBMC. To put those figures into context I'm using the ASRock A75M-ITX, A6-3500, Scythe SCSK-1100, one case fan, 4GB RAM & 64GB SSD. I'm also currently using one USB port for an IR Reciever.

I obviously can't guarantee you would achieve these exact figures given that meters aren't 100% accurate and I'm using a PicoPSU rather than the Antec version, but should give you some indication of power consumption. Smile

Also worth mentioning that I've had no issues with the motherboard at all and have been running it for a good couple of months now. Sure you will be very happy if/when you join the A6 club Wink
(2012-04-28, 18:24)MrKay Wrote: Thanks guys for your reply. am going for the a6 3500 and not waiting for the new apu. i'll go with the Scythe SCSK-1100 100mm this will be my first ever build allready ordered the the same case as beer
I have read some bad reviews of the motherboard beer has and am a bit scared since this will be my first every build. i want to spend as low as possible for this build since everything in uk is expansive. does any one have a link for a power brick in uk for 120w or a 135w thanks

Why do you want a power brick?

The one that comes with it is plenty 65w....

Are you going to game? I say try the 65w first and don't worry about the others....

again look at my first post for answers..... 1080p runs about 32w ....
jack0w is right,
you can run the A6-3500 using the stock 65w Power Brick that comes with your case.
O sorry it's just that i have been reading your post and see you have a 120w and was thinking i should get that as well.l Am gonna add a wifi usb and a remote and add a 2tb external hard drive where all the movies are saved at. Sorry for asking a noob question but how do i give you guys good reputation
how do i give reputation
Thanks
(2012-04-28, 19:20)MrKay Wrote: Thanks

but u didn't gave me one nor Beer40,
but u give 1 to bluray o.O
Well i gave you 2 and one to beer also
thx MrKay!!
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10