• 4(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
yeahhhhhhh!!!

Houston we have a problem!!!!!!!!

Ok after I opened it there will be no space available for the cpu cooler. Once the motherboard gets on you will need more space and the bracket on the case will not work.
Solution is to cut the bracket in half so you can still add your ssd to the bracket. It's held by two screws there so it will be stiff.

Bummer can't win all. Undecided
Wait.... the ssd part comes apart... I will figure something out so I don't cut it. Smile
(2012-04-11, 23:42)eskro Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 14:00)Sdpbc Wrote: Btw, if one wanted to go completely fanless with this build, would the 120w picopsu linked below work?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119920

im not sure i understand, explain again?

Doesn't the PSU that comes with the ISK 300-65 have a fan built in? Though looking at those pics, maybe not.

Beer40 - is there a slimmer profile for a CPU cooler? That sucker looks huge for such a small box.

(2012-04-12, 01:22)Sdpbc Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 23:42)eskro Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 14:00)Sdpbc Wrote: Btw, if one wanted to go completely fanless with this build, would the 120w picopsu linked below work?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119920

im not sure i understand, explain again?

Doesn't the PSU that comes with the ISK 300-65 have a fan built in? Though looking at those pics, maybe not.

Beer40 - is there a slimmer profile for a CPU cooler? That sucker looks huge for such a small box.

Yes it comes with it's own 80mm fan..... but the point of the cooler is for silence and also for no need of the case fan..... I already own a cpu cooler from this company and let me tell you its quiet and the stock AMD is loud.

Oh yes it's huge for a reason.... also to keep the case cool.... I might just not need any other fans....

Well I found out how I am going to attach that bracket.... so the ssd part comes off..... I am going to drill some little holes to that part and then use one of the existing screws to attach it, and on the other side I have to find a small screw with a flat head and it has to be a little longer so it can reach the bracket..... and that's it.

Sorry this method will not work! the clip under the lid will hit the side of the bracket on the long screw..... I drilled and tried.

I guess my question was that I was assuming the 80mm fan was for the PSU, and if I went with a PicoPSU unit instead, would that negate the need for any fan, other than potentially a fan to cool the MOBO?

I.e., possibly the Thermaltake Slim X3 CPU cooler would work better at 36mm high vs 58? May not cool as well as the 120mm Shuriken, but without the PSU in the case the power of a 120mm fan may not be needed? Just thinking aloud, possibly stupidly! Smile

Ha I'm waiting for my case too....
I thought that metal plate comes apart and you can just attach one?

Would the shruken sans the fan fit? I was gonna do some testing to see if the case fan alone can cool the a6-3500 down sufficiently when my parts came.

if you go with the Big Shuriken as CPU cooler,
only FAN u need in the ISK300-65 is your Shuriken FAN.
Omar why not just do like this??

(click image for bigger view)

easy fix, done deal,
I already drilled the holes on the front... of the ssd holder it's going to work just fine. I just need to go to the hardware store and get a flat head screw that is a little long so the lid closes.... i have tons of screws but non with a flat head.

i see u drilled already, if it works right on!

but i think this would have been sweet too

(2012-04-12, 03:02)eskro Wrote: i see u drilled already, if it works right on!

but i think this would have been sweet too

Yes but it would not work..... I have it here and looked at it. You will have to cut higher.... ill check it when I get the mobo in.
i think u only need to cut high like 10mm.

till when u get the mobo in,

can u measure how tall this is please?

thx
It's 1/2" and the mobo stands will bring it higher..... and on the back of the bracket there is a lip.... will be harder to cut. So if it was a structural bracket then I would think something else but it's not. I'll post a pic when it's done.

Eskro let me see when I get the mobo how high it goes.... if not I will rethink things.
as you see on the images
Image ==> Image

that guy did exactly as i suggested --> Here!!

and it seems he didn't even had to Drill / Put screws to secure the plate!
Looks like it holds!
Oh cool.... It looks like there is just a tiny piece of metal holding the center. I will look at it when I install it on the mobo because maybe placement is somewhere else. Nice find. But I think it don't matter if nothing is holding it on that side where is cut. The other side is pretty firm. But hey if you can leave a little piece where it's cut then good.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10