• 42(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
(2012-05-11, 16:50)MrKay Wrote: can someone let me no if this power meter is ok. Am about to go out and get it before i buy a picopsu

http://www.maplin.co.uk/plug-in-electric...tor-223573

Looks OK to me!
(2012-05-11, 16:57)Beer40oz Wrote: I never tried to run a PCI GPU......

jack0w I am not the only one with this problem.... several people are experiencing same symptoms as me.

CpTHOOK

Don't worry I will update my guide as soon as I figure out what is going on.
Yes the ISK 300-150 would be an option.....

But hook with the 300-150 you have to stay with the stock cooler? right? because you said the power plug it's in its way? so any idea what other after market coolers to use?
If people want to use an aftermarket cooler?

I will conclude my tests later on today.
Apologies beer, someone mentioned you were using a PCI-e card earlier in the thread - my mistake, should have checked!

The small Scythe cooler I went with (don't have model number to hand) fitted fine with the stock PSU in the 150 case.
(2012-05-11, 16:41)MrKay Wrote: Anyone know if there is a psu that will fit in this case?
It would be nice if you can fit the standard PSU in it.....it'll be more robust. I surfed the net last and I found this "High Performance Mini ITX Computer". He is using this "Topower 300W Mini ITX" PSU in a very similar case "300-150" as you. This one "New Flex ATX 1U 300W" have very similar size and it can be bought in UK.....

You may need to do some measurement to see if you have enough space in your case to fit it.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-11, 16:46)jack0w Wrote: NH
(2012-05-11, 16:43)MrKay Wrote: I found this picopsu in uk

http://www.systo.co.uk/components/psus/s...150wp.html

but it only says it will run on low power amd processors

Would recommend ITX-Warehouse if you're looking for a UK reseller - that's where I got mine from Smile

Plus they seemed very helpful by email if you need some help working out which is the right one for you.

Thanks Jack0w. But they only have the power brick and the 150w picopsu is not in stock

would this power brick

http://www.itx-warehouse.co.uk/Product.a...uctID=1218

and the only place i have found the PicoPSU-150-XT in uk

http://www.logicsupply.co.uk/picopsu-150...e=co_uk_en

now will this both work without doing any mod like cutting the back hole to fit the power brick ?

(2012-05-11, 16:56)s1l3nc0r Wrote: I will do some further testing with Hi10p 1080p encodes this weekend.
I will also download the first bluray disc of fate zero (Fate Zero Blu-ray Disc BOX I (2011) AVC 1080p)

Quote:It must be the OCZ........

Quote:Nothing wrong with OCZ Vertex 2... I'm using one, was a bargain too
If you want to stress it, you can try transcoding bluray movie in the background while watching another bluray movie......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Or just http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/

Prime 95 it...... thats all....
(2012-05-11, 16:42)bluray Wrote: He cannot RMA his case....it's already modified to fit the big Shuriken 2100 CPU fan.......

That's right I forgot....had to cut the bracket. Which reminds me, I still have to send back the BigShuriken that I bought originally! ...and Y the focus on PICO with this build? I see it as extra components that will add to cost. CASE + BRICK + PICO = extraaa $$$$$ Is that really the best way to go? With regards to Beer40oz, the PICO psu seems like the only option for him since he cannot RMA his case.

@Beer...
with regards to cost efficiency, is the PICO PSU really something to recommend with your build, if so, please enlighten us NooBs. One poster mentioned the efficiency of the stock PSU in the ISK300-150. I also am confused by this statement! When plugged into my UPS, the total power consumption my build draws is 43w leaving lots of room for upgrades if i decide on adding a slim BD burner or something like that.. I believe all of us who have adopted this awesome HTPC have similar components,i.e, SSD Y CPU.

Well the 300-150 is great then..... I really don't know much about PICO's I am learning as I go.
Yes someone here with a 300-150 changed to a PICO.... suppose it's better....

The 300-150 PSU that comes with it is fine..... since you have tested and you say its silent......
(but to me it would not work for me, I love aftermarket coolers they keep the temps low like the Big 2100 and it will not work with the 300-150) I need this because I want only the cooler fan running nothing else. Smile

My whole point of this build was to have less fans as possible.

So yes.... it seems if you get the 300-65 you are going to need a PICO....

Today I am getting that 350W supply PSU and see if it is for sure the darn stock PSU....

So either way:
Want less fans get a 300-65 w/PICO (only the CPU fan going)

or

Get a 300-150 but can't install most aftermarket coolers.....

It looks this way now....

Either way its a win win.....

Could you please do a quick video of your noise levels on your 300-150? some close up shots of it running.....
I will use this for my updates.... when I update......

Thanx HOOK Nod

WE DON'T KNOW NOTHING UNTIL WE ACTUALLY DO TRY

when i hit prime 95 it crashes straight away
(2012-05-11, 18:24)MrKay Wrote: when i hit prime 95 it crashes straight away

LOL.... yah..... bad something..... could be anything....

Looking to be the power supply..... most likely now....

Just wait for tonight response..... Big Grin
(2012-05-11, 18:18)Beer40oz Wrote: So either way:
Want less fans get a 300-65 w/PICO (only the CPU fan going)

or

Get a 300-150 but can't install most aftermarket coolers.....

It looks this way now....

Either way its a win win.....

If you decide on aftermarket cooling options, I would look for low-profile coolers not to exceed 45MM in height

(2012-05-11, 18:18)Beer40oz Wrote: Could you please do a quick video of your noise levels on your 300-150? some close up shots of it running.....
I will use this for my updates.... when I update.....Thanx HOOK Nod

I can, but without an actual DB meter to monitor the sounds, I don't think folks would take a cellphone cam video to seriously!... I know I wouldn't..Huh

(2012-05-11, 18:18)Beer40oz Wrote: WE DON'T KNOW NOTHING UNTIL WE ACTUALLY DO TRY

The best statement I've heard in this post so far!!!Wink It's all about trial and error hombre', without it we would all be lost!

(2012-05-11, 17:58)CpTHOOK Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 16:42)bluray Wrote: He cannot RMA his case....it's already modified to fit the big Shuriken 2100 CPU fan.......

That's right I forgot....had to cut the bracket. Which reminds me, I still have to send back the BigShuriken that I bought originally! ...and Y the focus on PICO with this build? I see it as extra components that will add to cost. CASE + BRICK + PICO = extraaa $$$$$ Is that really the best way to go? With regards to Beer40oz, the PICO psu seems like the only option for him since he cannot RMA his case.

@Beer...
with regards to cost efficiency, is the PICO PSU really something to recommend with your build, if so, please enlighten us NooBs. One poster mentioned the efficiency of the stock PSU in the ISK300-150. I also am confused by this statement! When plugged into my UPS, the total power consumption my build draws is 43w leaving lots of room for upgrades if i decide on adding a slim BD burner or something like that.. I believe all of us who have adopted this awesome HTPC have similar components,i.e, SSD Y CPU.

Regarding PSU efficiency look at post #89 & #117

I can also share from my own experience running Prime95 this is the max wattage that was being drawn using stock PSU - 80w vs PicoPSU - 67w.

Playing a 1080p movie the max wattage being drawn using the PicoPSU was 43w, unfortunately I forgot to note this measurement for the original stock PSU (or I lost the bit of paper it was written on!) so am unable to compare directly.

Bottom line is I saw an improvement in power consumption from using the PicoPSU, not massive, but a definite improvement. That, losing another fan in my build, better airflow and ability to secure it to back of my case without drilling holes was enough to convince me. Smile
I don't get why on cpu-z it show's max TDP 76W? shouldnt it be 65W TDP i know the cpu cooler max watt it can handle 76W

Mine too... Don't worry about that...
(2012-05-11, 18:36)jack0w Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 17:58)CpTHOOK Wrote:

@Beer...

Regarding PSU efficiency look at post #89 & #117

I can also share from my own experience running Prime95 this is the max wattage that was being drawn using stock PSU - 80w vs PicoPSU - 67w.

Playing a 1080p movie the max wattage being drawn using the PicoPSU was 43w, unfortunately I forgot to note this measurement for the original stock PSU (or I lost the bit of paper it was written on!) so am unable to compare directly.

Bottom line is I saw an improvement in power consumption from using the PicoPSU, not massive, but a definite improvement. That, losing another fan in my build, better airflow and ability to secure it to back of my case without drilling holes was enough to convince me. Smile

Cool thank you for this!

I will use this on my guide.....
(2012-05-11, 18:36)jack0w Wrote: Regarding PSU efficiency look at post #89 & #117

Sorry your having such issues, but you may want to consider RMA. As you can see below, the ISK300-150 internal PSU has no apparent efficiency issues! No need to spend exxtraa cheddar on PICO for this build! I'm not sure about Prime95...?? I will provide a test with this as well if it is something your referring to with regard to the ASrock MOBO and CMOS settings!

System Idle

XBMC with 1080p VID

Thanx for the pics..... well you have to spend the extra money now..... if you do wan't a different cooler.....

No big deal!

Did not intend to... but you know we are testing.
Hope it is the power supply that way I'll get a PICO....

Then you will see how better it would be to me..... since I will take out the BRACKET .... and Double Side tape the SSD where the PSU used to be.... super good airflow.... and super silent....
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10