Two issues with mess at video and music libraries.
I have two issues. One is about video library - in some versions of scrapers there were issues with names (extra chars, etc.) so I fixed it by editing name in context menu. Now (in git build for ubuntu from 2012.03.21) the item in context menu to change movie name is gone. What I can do if video scraper will not find the movie or will give me name with some invalid chars?

Another issue is with audio library. I have access to someone else's files and scraper scanned them so now I have artists '???????? ?????????' and alike in my library. I can neither rename them nor manually tell scraper artist's name because scraper not only finds no info but also still leaves that name the same. As those files aren't my own I cannot edit them (to change tags) as well so my library is full of trash now and XBMC doesn't seem to allow me do anything with it. Is there a way to do something with that? But don't tell me to remove source from library as I still want those songs to be listed and play them as well but I want them to have real names not trash. As for now library mode of section 'Music' is completely unusable for me and I can use only file browser mode for my music what isn't very convenient you know.
If the item to rename isn't there then you're possibly not in a library node (and are instead in a files node).

For music, the scraper does not scan anything related to the names of artists/albums/songs etc. They all come direct from the song tags. The scrapers just grab additional information (discography, reviews, possibly thumbs/fanart etc.)

Given you can't edit the tags or remove the source, you're gonna have to ask whoever owns it to fix them.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

That problem with movies was not mine but my nephew reported it... probably he messed up something. Thank you a lot!

And for music you say there is no way to change but edit tags? And there was never a way to edit items in library manually? That's sad. Thank you.

Cheers!
Correct.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-04-07, 01:22)LStranger Wrote: That problem with movies was not mine but my nephew reported it... probably he messed up something. Thank you a lot!

And for music you say there is no way to change but edit tags? And there was never a way to edit items in library manually? That's sad. Thank you.

Cheers!

Why sad? The 10-foot interface (remote control on a couch) is a horrible way to clean up music files. That's typically the reason behind most "why can't I do X within XBMC" questions. Nothing is stopping anyone from making some kind of add-on to interface with something that can modify tags, or even adding the feature to XBMC itself. It's just... no one has wanted to. *shrug*

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two issues with mess at video and music libraries.0