My ZOTAC Fusion HTPC Build (Very Happy)
Thumbs Up 
So I've been working for a while building a HTPC build based on the ZOTAC E-350 Fusion board- I finally got it up and running and I am REALLY happy. I have not experienced any studder in video playback, nor audio delay or any issues- even running files like Avatar, etc. Though, one note - i'm not running at full 1080, instead at my TV's native resolution of 1360x768. Here are my specs:

ZOTAC Fusion 350-A-E
Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB)
WD Caviar Black 250GB (2.5")
150W pico PSU +120W AC/DC converter
2x Fractal Designs 40mm fans
Mini-Box M350

Here's some pictures:

very nice setup!! congratz
If you do not mind me asking, which version of XBMC do you have running?

I have the same exact board and initially my HDMI output did not work at all. I had the board RMAd and now the video output works during post and boot as well as install screends. I tried XBMCbuntu v31 and all's well till the XMBC xcreen comes up, at which point HDMI video signal is lost. Video comes in OK through the DVI. Did you have to upgrade or otherwise manually adjsut the video setting / output?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lev
Levster, I am using the DVI port using a Belkin DVI to HDMI cable. I don't need HDMI for audio because I use the optical audio out straight to my receiver.

I am currently running XBMC Eden 2 on Windows 7.
brendch06 Wrote:Levster, I am using the DVI port using a Belkin DVI to HDMI cable. I don't need HDMI for audio because I use the optical audio out straight to my receiver.

I am currently running XBMC Eden 2 on Windows 7.

Have you tried straight HDMI cable for video out? I am curious if your board will output video over HDMI.
levster Wrote:Have you tried straight HDMI cable for video out? I am curious if your board will output video over HDMI.

I haven't actually, as bad as it sounds I don't own a plain HDMI to HDMI cable to try this- I've always worked with DVI > HDMI or other conversions. If I come across one I will try to borrow it and test it out and update here.
brendch06 Wrote:I haven't actually, as bad as it sounds I don't own a plain HDMI to HDMI cable to try this- I've always worked with DVI > HDMI or other conversions. If I come across one I will try to borrow it and test it out and update here.

Thanks! Big Grin
Hi brendch06,
I have the same levster's issue.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Do you really need those small 40mm fans ? Have you tested without ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Great stuff! that is a cool looking board.
(2012-04-07, 04:16)pike Wrote: Do you really need those small 40mm fans ? Have you tested without ?

Yeah I had the system with no fans and it was running pretty hot. The fans are mostly precautionary, but SpeedFan had the little flames showing that it was too hot. I want this system to last, so I there the fans in there and now everything is green.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My ZOTAC Fusion HTPC Build (Very Happy)0