Movie stop playing in certain points
hey,

It's seems like my XBMC Player have some problem, in some movies in certain points the movie stop playing and return back to the menu, and after can not resume this certain points.

I'ts happened in some diffrent mkv files (720\1080p).

VLC and Media Player Classic is working well.

http://pastebin.com/YrAGa8GW

I'm Using Xtreamer Ultra, and having the same problem on windows and linux.

Thanks in advance for any help.
If it always stops at the same point it's probably an encoding error in the video file. If you enable debug logging this will tell you what's happening. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Now play some suitable test film until it stops, then close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
already post the link here:

http://pastebin.com/YrAGa8GW

Did you ever get a resolution to this? I am having the same issue. It's definitely an error in the mkv file(s) but I cant exactly run a repair on every mkv (yes it happens that often). In Mediaportal or VLC the same files show a brief glitch but continue playing whereas XBMC stops and returns to menu. Can this behavior be altered? Something like "don't stop on error" or something like that? Could really use some help on this. Thanks.
The error tolerance for media varies for various media players. XBMC is a bit picky on some as you noted. I understand that the video engine is getting a wholesale upgrade soon and will settle out some of your concerns... (well at least bring it on par of the latest media players). I suggest with a badly encoded video... an attempt to either re-encode, or regain the source material to see if it's a flaw in the original. I have noted that some hard drives in the last throws of life, can corrupt files.. leaving crc errors across the board and yet copy well.
Thanks for your response. Good to hear that the video engine will be upgraded although I wonder how soon that might actually happen. Unfortunately, as I stated in my post, its just happen way too often and with too many files to re-encode or re-acquire source material. It's just not worth so much trouble. Interesting not about the hard disk though. I'll have to dig into that a bit. Its funny though because historically XBMC has always seemed the most robust and stable for playing back video of all types. Well, if anyone has any other ideas I'd appreciate it. Otherwise if I make any progress I'll be sure to post back. Thanks again.
Nighties have a new video engine, though I'm not sure it's tolerance for bad/corrupt files is better... guess you'll have to check that out yourslef to know. A CRC redundancy check should catch most mail-forms in the copy... but with big files people are using non-standard copy programs.. and some material like pictures, music or video are susceptible to internal errors that are hard to catch.... e.g. I used to join part videos together with the join command, until I ran into too many dead videos right at the splice.... No I use MKVmerge for smooth additions. So here is an example of videos improperly joined, that cause XBMC to hick-up, yet some media players have a better tolerance... should I abandon XBMC.. because I've been lazy?
Has there been any solution to this? I get this behavior as well. I have two systems (osx) running xbmc, my mkv's are on a NAS, both stop playing the same files at the same time. Strange is that there is never more than one such moment in an episode, and there is one on most of the episodes.
Just commenting that I also have this problem...
Several of my videos stop playing at certain points (it's the same point for each file but each file is different).
If it were only 1 or 2 files, I would just re-rip them but it's a lot of files.
Please release an update ASAP. Thanks.
Still have this problem as well, and I'm using the latest nightly. No issues with MPC-HC. I really don't want to have to use an external player to play everything, but the amount of freezes/crashes due to this problem is starting to reach my tolerance level. There's nothing that can be done? XBMC also seems more likely to freeze if I'm quickly skipping around a file, not sure if this is related or not.
hi. everyone

I search lots of threads about this problem(it should be a problem for most people), but no any solution for this till now(right?)
If XBMC or Kodi still keep this tolerance so small, may I know how to repair these video files except for re-encodeing? for
example, re-merge it by mkvtoolings?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie stop playing in certain points0