[SOLVED] crackling sound in all video files in xbmc?
So, after a week of building and setting up the htpc; everything is almost up and working except the sound and logitech one harmony remote. Sounds seems to be working ok in music but for videos; mostly blu-ray (mkv files)...there is crackling sound. i have the ASRock H67M-ITX motherboard with intel i3 (the htpc is connected directly to the samsung 59d7000 tv). I been playing with the sound settings but nothing is working, any help (could it be the files; since most are in 5.1 audio?). thanks
I have the exact same mobo. My sound is working great. What drivers are you using for your audio? Mine just says Microsoft 6.1.7601.17514. I am connected via HDMI to my Sony HDTV.
just checked same driver Microsoft 6.1.7601.17514.....
also it show Intel Display Audio 6.14.0.3090
Same here with the Intel Display Audio driver version.

Have you tried different cables?

Oh I think I know. I remember reading something about crackling audio on some mobo forums. I changed a setting in the system sound settings let me find that and post it.

Okay. Go to your sound properties. Under playback find the TV. Select the TV, then click on properties at the bottom of the window. Go to the advanced tab in the next window. Choose 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality).
cool..that is what i was testing out right now...i'll try it out and let you know..thanks
Nope, still crackling sound while playing movies; music, tv shows are working fine; since those are in SD audio format...movies are mainly in 5.1 audio...any other settings i can mess around with...
Hmm odd. Have you tried hooking up analog speakers and seeing what happens, or switching to a different HDMI cable?
So after playing around a bit, i fixed it. It was in the system Audio setting in xbmc. Disable AC3 receiver and few other settings to make it work...
Can you post all the exact settings you did, so we have a record of it?
is it still playing in 5.1 now that you did whatever you did?
I have the ASRock H67M-ITX with i3 2125
Drivers:
Intel Display Audio - 12/6/2011 - 6.14.0.3090
Realtek High Definition Audio - 3/27/2012 - 6.0.1.6602
Sample bit rate and bit depth...i have selected the highest for each playback device.

In XBMC - Audio output settings
Audio Output is HDMI with 2.0 speaker configuration
Boost volume level on downmix is checked.
Dolby Digital capable receiver is checked.
Receiver supports - no DTS
Receiver gets other DTS formats - decoded LPCM
Dobly digital plus capable receiver is unckecked.
Dolby TrueHD capable receiver is unchecked.
Meridian Lossless packing capable receiver is unchecked.
Audio output device is my TV Samsung with Intel Display audio.

What i noticed is any change I made in audio output setting. i had to reboot the system to take into effect. If i did not, it did not work.
edit:
Please note in some occasions or setup : you might have the disable Dolby Digital receiver or enable it.
and my tv was samsung pn59d7000
So, I'm marking this solved then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] crackling sound in all video files in xbmc?0