Linux - Wireless Setup

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stampmagnet Offline
I got xmbcbuntu installed but I am not sure how I can setup the wireless network?

I checked the system settings and network settings but I could not an option to set it up.
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Wiki Guy
Are you checking this within XBMC? If so, you won't find the option there. You will need to exist XBMC (press S or select the power icon on the home screen) and enter the Ubuntu desktop, which will have network settings.

Full disclosure: I work for WeTek. However, this is my personal account, and my words and opinion are my own.

HOW-TO: You can make easy links to the Kodi Wiki Manual using double brackets around common Kodi words: [[debug log]] = debug log (wiki), [[Video library]] = Video library (wiki), [[SMB]] = SMB (wiki) , etc
find quote
stampmagnet Offline
how can i get into the ubuntu desktop? which option is that?
find quote
Plaguester Offline
Pretty sure that "Exit" is the option you want.

HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
find quote
artrafael Offline
Team-XBMC Forum Moderator
After you select Exit as Plaguester said, you should be presented with a log-in window. There is a drop-menu below the username and password fields that lists Openbox, XBMC and XBMCbuntu. Select the "XBMCbuntu" option and log-in with your username and password. This should present you with a standard desktop and you should be able to select the network icon on the task bar in the lower-right corner to setup your wireless. You can then select Shutdown/Log-out to bring up the log-in window again and select the "XBMC" session so your system will once again boot directly in XBMC.
find quote
raventara Offline
I'm having weird issues with my wireless adapter in that it works fine for about 10 minutes and then shuts down...

I have tried this with manual ip settings and DHCP and both times it just dies after about 10 minutes.
find quote