What is the default remote?
I've only been using XBMC for a bit over 10 years so please excuse me for being such a noob.

I've just installed Kodi beta and somehow torched all my remote settings. Great. That shit again.

So here I am trying to remember what ridiculously arcane hoops I have to jump through to get my MCE remote to not act like its on drugs.

Which leads me to ask: what is the remote control that they have in mind when they wrote the default keymap and where the heck do you get one?

Indeed, does one even exist? And if not, isn't this kind of something that might need some attention one day?
Flirc.TV
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I recommed the flirc dongle, too. Easy to set up (15 minutes, no file editing needed), is supported ootb by most linux installations and openelec, too, can be used with EVERY IR remote you own.

Just look for youtube videos explaining this dongle. It's really pretty easy.

Greetings
Here too a happy Flirc owner. I highly recommend it since it saves you lots of frustration tweaking an MCE remote.

Cheers
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Thanks all. Sounds like a Flirc is worth a look.

As it transpired the mistake I made was updating that AutoHotkey "green button" script nonsense. Once I uninstalled that, and stopped my Green Button from interfering with Windows everything kicked back into gear.

Showkey is your best friend to find out what commands your remote is sending.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmcmce/...e/download
The original remote was the original xBox DVD Remote (wiki):

Of course, since then various MCE remotes and others have had an influence on the default keymap, but the xbox DVD remote was the original :)
Yep, I have three of those remotes. Those were the days...
The most comonly available MC6 remote is the HP one, see http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-MCE-Media-C...4adef6a0cc
(2014-11-04, 04:49)McGoogley Wrote: So here I am trying to remember what ridiculously arcane hoops I have to jump through to get my MCE remote to not act like its on drugs.

What exactly do you mean by this? I've never had any issue with any MCE RC6 remote.
check your previous XBMC userdata folder for your old keymap.xml. I noticed when I installed a previous alpha, that particular file did not get copied over to the new kodi installation.
(2014-11-05, 14:29)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-11-04, 04:49)McGoogley Wrote: So here I am trying to remember what ridiculously arcane hoops I have to jump through to get my MCE remote to not act like its on drugs.

What exactly do you mean by this? I've never had any issue with any MCE RC6 remote.

This is what messed everything up:

http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_manu.html

I recommend not to go down that track.
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the default remote?0