Win Running XBMC keeps Windows from shutting off monitors
OK. I just wanted to make sure it was indeed a bug before I did that.
Ticket submitted: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12969
That's an oversight. I suppose a minimized XBMC should let Windows handle power saving of the display.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2012-04-30, 16:56)CrystalP Wrote: I suppose a minimized XBMC should let Windows handle power saving of the display.
Exactly. Thanks for the confirmation CrystalP.

Slightly different question:
Can be XBMC let windows do the power management, when XBMC is idle ?
Now after predefined idle period XBMC blacks the display. What I would prefer is to have display turned off, to save electricity.
XBMC has it's own setting that will shut down the display when idle, but it only works if XBMC is running fullscreen. Check under settings>system>power saving>put display to sleep when idle. Of course you can also have XBMC go even further and shut down or suspend the system when idle too.
(2012-04-30, 16:56)CrystalP Wrote: That's an oversight. I suppose a minimized XBMC should let Windows handle power saving of the display.

Are there plans to fix this?

Unless there is a formal bug report posted on TRAC, it may get overlooked. I looked back and see you made a ticket. It doesn't appear anyone has picked it up yet.
(2012-06-05, 04:03)kricker Wrote: Unless there is a formal bug report posted on TRAC, it may get overlooked. I looked back and see you made a ticket. It doesn't appear anyone has picked it up yet.

Excuse me if I'm being obtuse, but is there a difference between a bug report and a ticket? Do I need to do something different?
Nope. You did the right thing. We just need to wait for a developer to pick it up.
This issue is still existing though we are now moving to Kodi.Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Running XBMC keeps Windows from shutting off monitors0