• 81(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
(2013-04-22, 20:33)Blackkatt Wrote: Mr joethefox! how about not being able to connect to XBMC when profile selection is shown/active ?

Already answered
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Didn't see it listed but are those iphone url schemes implemented or going to be implemented with a future update?
(2013-04-22, 19:04)joethefox Wrote: And the 1.3 version has been submitted to apple with this change log:

- new library Wall View mode (only for iOS6)
- new recently added movies Fanart View mode (only for iOS6)
- added option to cache library sections on the disk
- pull the library view to sync the app with XBMC when the library cache is enabled
- added support for movie sets (only for Frodo)
- added support for music "shuffle mode" (only for Frodo)
- added support for music smart playlist (only for Frodo)
Niiiiiiiiice !!!!! :}
yay ... waiting for apple to move their a**es !
Hello,

Lot's of questions have already been around shutdown/suspend, but I haven't found the answer to my use case, so here goes:
My XBMC box also runs a vdr instance, which records tv-shows. I let vdr deal with suspending the system, so it can program the timers needed to wake up the system when a recording needs to be taken care of. I've mapped the <power> button in my XBMC remote.xml file in my current setup to run custom command, that instructs vdr to suspend the system.

Now, I'd like to have something similar in XBMC remote for IOS. My question is, which commands do the shutdown, suspend and "quit xbmc" run on the XBMC being controlled? Currently, pressing shutdown results in something like "unable to shutdown", suspend does nothing, and quit shuts down XBMC application, but in a way that doesn't run the <power> directive in my remote.xml. Are these documented somewhere?

Thanks in advance, juhis
(2013-04-22, 20:34)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 20:33)Blackkatt Wrote: Mr joethefox! how about not being able to connect to XBMC when profile selection is shown/active ?

Already answered

Are you sure? I've been following the thread, I must have missed it. You probably know exactly where it is? Wink
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
and the app was just approved, within a couple of hours should be available for update.

@jayman13, yes will be implemented. An user some time ago also has gave me a link with an how to http://iosdevelopertips.com/cocoa/launch...cheme.html .

@juhis, the user that runs the vdr instance has the power management permissions to put the machine in stand-by/power-off while the user that executes the xbmc instance doesn't have that permissions. Now you should search on how to enable the power management.

@Blackkatt, sure he is sure, what a question to ask! you didn't followed/searched with the right attention, here the discussion:
Question: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1371083
Answer: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1372858
Thanks
(2013-04-23, 08:38)Blackkatt Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 20:34)Martijn Wrote:

Already answered

Are you sure? I've been following the thread, I must have missed it. You probably know exactly where it is? Wink

(2013-04-24, 19:32)joethefox Wrote: @Blackkatt, sure he is sure, what a question to ask! you didn't followed/searched with the right attention, here the discussion:
Question: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1371083
Answer: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1372858

Thank you for taking the time to show me, The question was not in anyway meant to be rude/ignorant or otherwise inappropriate.
When I wrote that I was thinking maybe he didn't understand my question, so I simply ask if it where possible he was mistaking, nothing rude about that?
Then I was thinking, maybe I missed it after all, So logically it could be 1 of 2 possibilities. Then i thought how can I find out witch it is?
So I write "You probably know exactly where it is? Wink" kindly (there by the smiley face) hinting that maybe he would be kind enough to show me.
When I write, I write directly what's in my head. And do not take into account how it may be perceived by others. Some like this about me, some don't!
I think extremely logical, maybe because of that I come out sounding like an ass, this seem to be a recurring issue. Any way now you know what my intension where, thx again.
Do you understand?
yep, and the major issue still remains that the profile switching isn't yet possible Big Grin
I will read up on json-rpc api and event server tomorrow. I will probably have some ideas if youre up for it.
Do you understand?
sure! patches/ideas are always welcome!
BTW, why isn't iOS remote using the event server?
Do you understand?
because is using json-rpc?
hehehe, sure, but is there a particularly reason for it? would it be lots of work to switch?
what are the pros and cons?
Do you understand?
Just wanted to say thanks for sorting out the smart playlist functionality. It's working perfectly and having a 'play in party mode' facility was an unexpected bonus.

Currently enjoying listening to tracks which often get overlooked when I'm choosing the playlist myself. Smile
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8