• 4(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
Hi Joe

I see a new version is out just wondered will Movie sets be added in next release

Cheers Sami
Hi Sami,

I don't know! Big Grin There isn't yet a 1.0.3 ready to be submitted, I will inform you how the things will go

ciao
(2012-05-18, 14:21)joethefox Wrote: Hi Sami,

I don't know! Big Grin There isn't yet a 1.0.3 ready to be submitted, I will inform you how the things will go

ciao

Ok cheers
A new 1.1 version has been submitted to apple with this change log:
- iPad support (universal app)
- landscape view on movies/tv shows info screen on iPhone
- search last.fm charts for an artist
- added a new XBMC remote control with new buttons: music, movies, tv shows, pictures, subtitles and audio channels

a video that demonstrates the iPad version in use:

@Sami, the work on supporting Movie sets is already started but requires a bit of time before it's finished
Just downloaded this and looks great - nice work, thank you! If you want help developing or GUI work then PM me. Is the source on github or elsewhere?
thank you! help is always appreciated, the project is hosted on github: https://github.com/joethefox
enjoy!
Can you please provide an option to disable the "cases" graphics that overlay movie posters and album art? This is admittedly a personal preference, but it's a pet peeve of mine. The whole point of XBMC, to me, is to get rid of your physical media, so why do so many people want to be reminded of it in their skins? Don't even get me started on Apple's "stitched leather" look...
(2012-05-30, 21:26)fade23 Wrote: Can you please provide an option to disable the "cases" graphics that overlay movie posters and album art? This is admittedly a personal preference, but it's a pet peeve of mine. The whole point of XBMC, to me, is to get rid of your physical media, so why do so many people want to be reminded of it in their skins?
maybe in the future we will be able to use skins, and a naked one could easily be included.
(2012-05-30, 21:26)fade23 Wrote: Don't even get me started on Apple's "stitched leather" look...
take a closer look ... it's Italian jeans, nothing to do with Apple's "stitched leather"!
For stitched leather, I think he is referring to this not your app Wink
ah ok.. I didn't realize Smile
(2012-05-30, 21:26)fade23 Wrote: Can you please provide an option to disable the "cases" graphics that overlay movie posters and album art? This is admittedly a personal preference, but it's a pet peeve of mine. The whole point of XBMC, to me, is to get rid of your physical media, so why do so many people want to be reminded of it in their skins?

After a long meditation, the conclusion is that you're right! Here screenshots:
ImageImageImage

now show jewel cases has become an option (disabled by default).

Another update: now every section can contain a " show more button", music section:
One thing my wife noticed: If you pause, it's not obvious that pausing again gets things back to playing. Perhaps change to Play when paused, or incorporate a play/pause logo, highlight the pause button or some such?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-06-03, 10:42)jmarshall Wrote: One thing my wife noticed: If you pause, it's not obvious that pausing again gets things back to playing. Perhaps change to Play when paused, or incorporate a play/pause logo, highlight the pause button or some such?

Oops, I forgot to tweak this behavior. Incorporate a play/pause logo in the toolbar buttons, such as the new remote control graphic, should be the right thing to do.
Great job, thanks for the hard work!
Hey,
Thank you for a truly great app. I recently installed 3 versions of xbmc with one synced library, via MySQL and have sick beard working with SABNZB, what really makes the setup though is your remote app.

For anyone having trouble connecting, check all the options under settings>network allowing other program access and control and also enable zeroconf. Then you can find the ip address under settings>system info and just use the same port number, user ne and pass as you have set in network>settings. Also make sure your iPhone is connected to the same network via WiFi, I actually wasted 10 minutes trying to get it to work with WiFi switched off on my iPhone!

One feature I couldn't find, but may of overlooked is the ability to have watched episodes indicated, like they are in XBMC with a checkmark.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8