• 7(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
(2012-06-08, 15:35)amcfarla Wrote: No, none of my other devices are having this issue. If I go to the website(ip address:8080) it brings up the TV shows and Movies about as quick as XBMC for android and XBMC Commander for iPad. The wheel spins for about 30 seconds, and then that is when it loses connection for about a minute.

Please can you test from XBMC GUI itself? Try accessing into the movie library and start a playback of someone. For some reason seems that xbmc stops responding just only to this app (I'm requesting all details in one call instead of only title/genre/year), so the app after the 30 seconds of timeout think that the connection was lost. Apart that I will increase this timeout, this kind of behavior happens to me when disks goes in standby but under the 30 seconds everything come back to operate normally. Thank you for debugging and sorry for the inconvenience !
(2012-06-08, 15:22)joethefox Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 14:40)Inkorporate Wrote: Hi, Great work! This is the best XBMC remote app I've tried.

Sorry if you've answered this before, I'm having a issue. The application crashes when I load my movies. Could it be linked to the number of movies? I have close to 400. When I was loading my library, it work great until about 250.

Again thanks, I hope I can use your app in the future.
Thank you very much for your feedback! I think that you have pointed me to right direction where to debug: never tried with this number of movies, I have a script that generates for me fake movies to be added to xbmc for scraping and I've tried until 200. Maybe there is some mistake into the code. I will try this evening to figure out this bug and thank you again for your feedback! (maybe is the same issue that occurs to tmmellor1981...)
I have over 600 movies and they load up in the remote in under 10 seconds. I don't think the amount is the issue.

(2012-06-08, 15:57)joethefox Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 15:35)amcfarla Wrote: No, none of my other devices are having this issue. If I go to the website(ip address:8080) it brings up the TV shows and Movies about as quick as XBMC for android and XBMC Commander for iPad. The wheel spins for about 30 seconds, and then that is when it loses connection for about a minute.

Please can you test from XBMC GUI itself? Try accessing into the movie library and start a playback of someone. For some reason seems that xbmc stops responding just only to this app (I'm requesting all details in one call instead of only title/genre/year), so the app after the 30 seconds of timeout think that the connection was lost. Apart that I will increase this timeout, this kind of behavior happens to me when disks goes in standby but under the 30 seconds everything come back to operate normally. Thank you for debugging and sorry for the inconvenience !

Ok I will give it a try when I get home, no inconvenience for me because I would like to get your remote to work on my iPad since xbmc commander is missing directional remote controls.
(2012-06-08, 18:05)kricker Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 15:22)joethefox Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 14:40)Inkorporate Wrote: Hi, Great work! This is the best XBMC remote app I've tried.

Sorry if you've answered this before, I'm having a issue. The application crashes when I load my movies. Could it be linked to the number of movies? I have close to 400. When I was loading my library, it work great until about 250.

Again thanks, I hope I can use your app in the future.
Thank you very much for your feedback! I think that you have pointed me to right direction where to debug: never tried with this number of movies, I have a script that generates for me fake movies to be added to xbmc for scraping and I've tried until 200. Maybe there is some mistake into the code. I will try this evening to figure out this bug and thank you again for your feedback! (maybe is the same issue that occurs to tmmellor1981...)
I have over 600 movies and they load up in the remote in under 10 seconds. I don't think the amount is the issue.

Yes. I can confirm that I've just build a list of 600 movies and nothing goes wrong.
@Inkorporate, have you opted into sending diagnostic and usage information to Apple? If yes I will receive the crashlog, otherwise I need that you manually post the crashlog (as usually pastebin.com or equivalent is ok), you can find it in (are copied across everytime you sync your device)

Mac OS X:
~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>
Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
Windows Vista or 7
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>

Where:
<USERNAME> is the user's login name for the computer. <DEVICE_NAME> is the name of the iOS device, for example, "Joe's iPhone".
Yes I registered with diagnostic and usage. I'll try again tonight after rebooting my phone. I can send you the usage if you didn't receive anything.
(2012-06-08, 19:54)Inkorporate Wrote: I can send you the usage if you didn't receive anything.
yes, this can speed up the debug process. You can post here a pastebin.com link.
(2012-06-08, 15:57)joethefox Wrote:

Ok I tested it from the GUI, and it does take 30-60 seconds for the movies to come up the first time, but tv shows actually come up quite a bit quicker(under 10 seconds). Though once it comes up once, going back to the movies they come up within 5 seconds. I am not sure if using MySQL has slowed this up, because I definitely noticed a slow down when I started using the MySQL model for XBMC database. I hope this helps.
Thanks For This App!!! I love it on both my iPhone and iPad! So... where do I donate? This app is growing so awesomely I don't want it to stop!
Thanks for this app - it's exactly what I've been looking for. The only issue I'm having is that I am not seeing any artwork for either my TV shows or movies. They all show up in the app as a list, and all of the remote control functions work, I'm just not getting any artwork, just the blank placeholder image. The artwork is showing fine in XBMC itself on the computer. Thanks for your help!
Are you using a nightly? Things work different from Eden to Pre-Frodo.
Yep, that was the issue. Works fine now using 11.0. Thanks Smile
Feature Request:

As in the version for Android, with Now Playing active you can touch anywhere along the timeline to jump to that point.

A similar feature would be appreciated.
(2012-05-30, 21:55)joethefox Wrote:
(2012-05-30, 21:26)fade23 Wrote: Can you please provide an option to disable the "cases" graphics that overlay movie posters and album art? This is admittedly a personal preference, but it's a pet peeve of mine. The whole point of XBMC, to me, is to get rid of your physical media, so why do so many people want to be reminded of it in their skins?
maybe in the future we will be able to use skins, and a naked one could easily be included.
(2012-05-30, 21:26)fade23 Wrote: Don't even get me started on Apple's "stitched leather" look...
take a closer look ... it's Italian jeans, nothing to do with Apple's "stitched leather"!

I actually love a little eye candy, I like your jeans and I like Apples stitched leather and your cover art is fine. We are not living in the nineties anymore even if MS thinks so (hint: WP7) Big Grin

But I have a little request, it would be very nice, to be able to launch XBMC remotely via your app maybe with a little helper application running on the Mac/PC.
Hi

Love XBMC on my Mac Mini and came across the Official XBMC Remote App, which is the perfect compliment to the whole experience, so thanks.. But..When I try to add my Mini to the remote app (after selecting No Connection - add host - find XBMC - confirm IP port and username/pass) it finds it and I can select it, so its got a tick next to ip but it still shows No Connection and therefor does not load my library!

Please help, what am I doing wrongHuh

Thanks in advance.
(2012-06-09, 10:54)iDunc Wrote: Hi

Love XBMC on my Mac Mini and came across the Official XBMC Remote App, which is the perfect compliment to the whole experience, so thanks.. But..When I try to add my Mini to the remote app (after selecting No Connection - add host - find XBMC - confirm IP port and username/pass) it finds it and I can select it, so its got a tick next to ip but it still shows No Connection and therefor does not load my library!

Please help, what am I doing wrongHuh

Thanks in advance.
Hi !
are you using XBMC Eden (v11)? If so, check if username and password are matching with the ones configured under XBMC EDEN GUI > SYSTEM > Network > Services > Allow control of XBMC via HTTP > Username & Password

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8