TV.com / TVRage.com Scraper
Do these exist? Some of my daily shows (certain talk shows) aren't up-to-date on thetvdb, and these alternative scrapers would be most helpful. They are always current.
You could always help out the community by updating them yourself.
I could yes, and have for many shows. Although I'm more a contributor fanart, posters, etc because I can do so when I have free time. Updating daily shows is a daily task.

These websites are always current. It would be nice to have an alternative scraper for daily show. Most people watch these sort of shows much more casually, and there is probably zero replay value for most people. Anything older than a month probably isn't worth watching, I would assume. It would feel like redundant busy work to copy information that is readily available, just to have it in TheTVDB.

Unless of course someone can come up with a script or automation system for copy this data from one of these scrapers into TheTVDB. Thoughts?
(2012-04-09, 13:42)eQUIV Wrote: Most people watch these sort of shows much more casually, and there is probably zero replay value for most people. Anything older than a month probably isn't worth watching, I would assume

If it is like that, why do you want to have them scraped in the library, i.e. why it is not enough to watch/delete from the file node?

I had a brief look at the tvrage API. It's just simply awful.
Doesn't even provide plot from the shows/episodes.
Also, the first show I checked (Spartacus) is screwed up in terms of show title.
(2012-04-09, 17:15)olympia Wrote: If it is like that, why do you want to have them scraped in the library, i.e. why it is not enough to watch/delete from the file node?

I had a brief look at the tvrage API. It's just simply awful.
Doesn't even provide plot from the shows/episodes.
Also, the first show I checked (Spartacus) is screwed up in terms of show title.

Not all the shows are for me. My gf needs to be able to easily access them. Asking/showing her to use file mode will undoubtedly result with me pulling all my hair out and jumping out a of a window screaming.

TVRage is bad? What about TV.com, any better?
An elegant solution would be a Universal Scraper for TVshows (request already submitted by another member), which would scan primarily TheTVDB, and secondarilt TVRage.com and TV.com.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV.com / TVRage.com Scraper0