Subtitles in rar not displaying
I have noticed that my idx+sub subtitles have not been being displayed recently, srt are displayed fine.

The parsing dialog is displayed when the video is loaded and the language of the availiable subtitles are shown in the audio menu, but he actual subtitles are not displayed.

The subtitles come in a rar file. In this rar there is the idx file and a second rar. The second rar contains the sub file.

Manually unrar'ing the first rar (leaving idx+rar) gave the same result. However, unrar'ing both (idx+sub) the subtitles are now displayed Smile

Xbmc must at least be successfully unrar'ing the first rar as it parses the idx. The problem seems to be with he second rar.

Has anyone else seem this / known issue?
I doubt rar's inside of rar's are supported, but I'll let one of the devs comment on that.
Hi Ned,

It is not just double rar though. When you have idx+rar it doesn't work either.

I haven't tried a single rar containing the idx+sub though.

Thanks
Gd,

Same problem here, I think it happened since upgrading to Eden. Here is the log http://pastebin.com/gHkqecWk It seems to find the sub in the rar but later still tries to load the .sub file directly which gets a 'No such file or directory'
thanks for the log pdepurno.

looking ta the log it seems that the idx is not in a rar, is this true?

cheers

Yes i unpacked the first rar (with idx and rarred sub). Although before it was also possible to leave it completely rarred. It seems like a problem people would notice very quickly but my post about this subject a few weeks ago did not get any response.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles in rar not displaying0