how to remove/hide .. item ?
Lightbulb 
When we open "MusicLibrary " either in Songs mode or artists mode or albums mode .
The panel container also displays an item with ".." as label, clicking on which takes us to the parent of current listing.

But I don't want to display that ".." item some times , so how can I hide that conditionally?

I have three buttons to open Music library in three modes(songs, albums and artists)
ex:
This button displays all Albums
<control type="button">
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Albums,return)</onclick>
</control>

xbmc reads MyMusicNav.xml and opens a window with all the Albums in library, but also an item ".." is displayed .
I don't want this ".."

Please help.
Thanks for Help.
Disable 'show parent folders in library' in xbmc settings
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
No No Martijn , I want to happen this in my skin only.

That means I have to achieve this via skinning , user should not do any thing.

Please Help
Thank You.
Not possible i think.
Indeed not possible it's system wide setting and you can't control what shows in the media lists
And you shouldn't hide it since you sometimes need it if you're using a control with very few buttons like the Apple remote for example.
Hmmmm OK , Thank u all.
There was some discussion in the development forum (my post on iPad experience) as to whether it makes sense to be determined in part by the skin or not (perhaps incorporated with the type of interface used for navigation). If your skin has an "Up" or "Back" button, there's probably no need for parent folder items, after all.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

True, but still no way to hide it !!
(2012-04-12, 07:34)slinuxgeek Wrote: True, but still no way to hide it !!

Yes but it is up to the user
(2012-04-11, 13:55)`Black Wrote: And you shouldn't hide it since you sometimes need it if you're using a control with very few buttons like the Apple remote for example.

Isn't menu button mapped to previous menu on Apple remote?
(2012-04-11, 23:39)jmarshall Wrote: There was some discussion in the development forum (my post on iPad experience) as to whether it makes sense to be determined in part by the skin or not (perhaps incorporated with the type of interface used for navigation). If your skin has an "Up" or "Back" button, there's probably no need for parent folder items, after all.

I guess everybody knows that I just hate this ".." item Smile

May I ask what's the reason it's in XBMC at all?

Apart from skinning problems (lots of checks to hide info parts when this is focused, Container(id).NumItem not always working...) experience looks like browsing file system, not library. Furthermore, sometimes it is there and takes you step back, but sometimes it is not there and you still have to use remote/keyboard button.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Having it or not would be a non-issue if we the focus goes by default directly to the 1st item on the list or on ".." if no item.

Is that possible?
Think of any skin without a back button in the UI on a touch device. This is why we have to keep it.

(Similarly, any skin with a mouse).

The point is, that the skin "knows" these things. So if the skin tells us it's touch-friendly, XBMC could then automatically get rid of the buttons.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-04-12, 12:22)pecinko Wrote: I guess everybody knows that I just hate this ".." item Smile

Its there because some people just don't have a input device that allows you to go back and seriously pushing a "menu" button to go back like the apple remote does is so lame and un-intuitive I wonder why it was even added in the first place ti the default keymap its like the push menu in home and it brings up favourites :\

Another reason is exists and still shows up even when you have it disabled is because when you go to a file list or folder that is empty it gives you something to have focus on or else you loose navigation eg: for people who make smart playlists that have nothing in them or skins that have direct shortcuts to library sections that are dead empty
(2012-04-12, 23:22)jmarshall Wrote: Think of any skin without a back button in the UI on a touch device. This is why we have to keep it.

(Similarly, any skin with a mouse).

Don't wanna argue and it is teams decision to make just my opinion

- we might be better with a separate touch skins section as 10f interface skins are not suitable for tablets at all, regardless of touch/mouse support
- touch skins are not suitable for 10f interface at all and you will run into troubles if you activate them with mouse turned off

Mouse right button functions as previous menu, if I'm not wrong

And I seriously doubt anyone uses anything else but Touched on tablet. I probably know what I'm trying to say if you tried it with Confluence. It just don't fit at all.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to remove/hide .. item ?0