remap VRC-1100 green start button in Ubuntu?
Does anyone know how to remap the VRC-1100 remote control green start button in Ubuntu 11.10?

Here's my situation: I want to start XBMC with the green start button. I got that going easy-peasy from keyboard, shortcuts. But it also opens up the Dash Home panel at the same time. For a while I didn't care. It was a bit annoying when I close XBMC to have the Dash Home still open, but it was liveable. Then I noticed that my external streams no longer functioned. I have several web-streams that will not play except in the browser. I set the browser as an external player and have html pages as a file source. I just select them from videos > Files > Streams and it opens the web browser to that page. When I close the web browser, I'm back in xbmc. Except it does not work with the Dash Home panel open. It blocks the browser from opening in the foreground. I tried starting XBMC from the icon and, sure enough, the streams work as before. It's definitely the pesky Dash Home that's in the way. Does anyone know how to disable the dash home from starting with the green start button? I imagine that Ubuntu is treating this like the "windows" or "supper" button on the keyboard. Anyone know how to turn that off?

Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remap VRC-1100 green start button in Ubuntu?0