• 16(current)
Win HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
good day. In General, to output the sound as bitsream usually used either the video card or sound card while asus hdav. Both options work perfectly. Recently changed the motherboard on the Gigabyte Z97x-Gaming 7 and processor Intel Core i5-4570T. In the end, Kodi sound can be displayed on WASAPI through the Intel Audio R, checked and indeed receiver (Yamaha A1020) determines the input signal as it should be, such as DTS HD MASTER or Dolby TrueHD. Sites motherboard and CPU about bitstream found nothing. Or some glitch in the system or is now no need to buy a separate audio or video card?

P.S. when checking no external graphics card or sound were not installed
can some on please tell me if my motherboard H97M-ITX/ac with a pentium g3258 can do bitstreaming over hdmi? (via the on board intel graphics i may add)

or how can i find out
Hi! First post here, after reading a few things. I have a feeling that my current laptop will link up and play things in 'true' 5.1 etc sound. But if you could have a look at what I say below, and clarify if I'm missing anything or even missing the point, that would be great:

Laptop:
Intel Core i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz
16GB RAM
64 Bit Windows 10
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
Realtek High Defeinition Audio (This seems to be the audio driver)
HDMI out

I will be buying a receiver with 5.1 speakers, and will make sure that it is up to date and able to decode certain files etc. The main reason for this post is to make sure there is point to buy a system or if I need an external sound card or anything elsw to support it.

Basically, with this Laptop setup and the Audio system, will I be able to play video files that have 5.1 containted through bitstreaming, using eg. XBMC (Kodi) and the same for audio Flac files (or even Foobar for this) through my HDMI slot, or will I have to get an external sound card?
Hi all

I have a similar setup to the OP: AMD 5600K with Onkyo ST-3500 5.1 system.

I'm having issues with HD audio - if I enable bitstreaming in Kodi 13.1 for TrueHD or DTS-HD, I get no output (onkyo indicates Stereo PCM, but no sound). If I disable only these HD settings, then the HD audio is delivered as SD in the DTS/Dolby format.

- AMD HD Audio driver is up-to-date, no other audio drivers installed
- Windows 10 Sound config shows 5.1 configuration and support for TrueHD/DTS-HD
- I have set output to WASAPI in Kodi and enabled passthrough etc. - has anything changed since the original screen shots in post 1?

Thanks for any help
I was wondering if u cud help me with this. I ve recently booked an onkyo hts 3300. As I dont have any dvd/bluray player, I ll be using my Dell ispiron 1525 as the source to the receiver. I ve got few hd movies with dts sound (mkv) in my laptop. Now, how can I enjoy the dts effect with my home theatre? Is it possible to bitstream the dts to the receiver or will it be decoded in my laptop?
I've had bitstreaming just fine with DirectSound EXCEPT for DTS-MA. Regular DTS and all other codecs appeared to work fine. Of course, WASAPI works fine for all the codecs.
i got a similar receiver and speaker. i have HTB 3400.

i set up everything that in this page.

i still donot get dts-hd and truehd on my sound when i play movies.

how do i get dts-hd and true-hd sound?

on windows sound panel, i only got 6 channels. how do i get 8 channels?
not sure if im off topic here. newbie in htpc. i have onkyo tx sr333 for avr which can decode most digital audio including truehd and dts hdma. i used to use asus oiplay media player which was doing fine except it cant bitstream dts hdma. for this reason and for the flexibility of an htpc, i decided to try to build one. unfortunately i cant get my set up to bitstream truehd and dts hdma. the other formats are fine. my avr detects the audio stream. however when its truehd and hdma, there is no sound. my set up is gigabyte mobo, 4th gen core i3 (3.7+3.7), nvidea gt730. i followed the instructions in the forum but i cant get it to bitsteam. im not a techie so i hope somebody can help me out on this.
im running windows 7 64bit: no unknown device in device manager. playback device in control panel/sounds/playback is onkyo txsr333. passthrough is ticked in audio settings of kodi as well as the supported formats of my avr. i dont know what im missing. im sure my avr can handle truehd because it lights up when i bitsteam from my asus oiplay media player.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC8