Disappearing files
Hi All,

I just started with XBMC and after reviewing the Wiki, I couldn't find a solution to the following problem. (I'll start describing the process I followed)

1. I created a separate folder "TV shows"
2. copied Community, Once Upon a Time, Jericho, Death Note and Full Metal Alchemist in it
3. In XBMC I added a source, setting the content to "TheTVDB.com" (after installing the add-on of course)
4. I tried automatic scan, it recognises all files AND
5. I tried "I" on each separate sub-folder, it recognises all files BUT

6. Only Community and Once Upon a Time remain in the TV Shows folder and the rest just disappears and I can't select them anymore
7. All the details of every show are in there though. For instance "studios" reflects 5 different studios, voice actors of the anime and actors of Jericho too... following their link shows up no files to play

I have no clue whatsoever what's going on; everything is recognised, it clearly loads episode details for the animes.

Please help!

Thanks!
Have a look over this wiki and see if you can spot the issue http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows but before you go too much further.... go to settings/video/library/clean library

1) good.
2) all these shows as folders (with episodes inside named as the wiki shows) with their own names. Choose "file mode" to add to the library.
3) Add the video source. Change content to TV shows, and picked a scraper TVDB and made your scraper settings.
4) if you change the scraper to none... and back to TV; XBMC will offer to rescan/rescape the whole folder.
5) The keyboard 'I' command allows for individual show information and refresh/rescrape; I suggest to scrape each show separately.
6) You got lucky and two series showed up... In file mode the others will still be listed, but have been scraped incorrectly.
7) Check here for the exact TVDB listing of each show then refresh each one at a time... http://thetvdb.com/?tab=advancedsearch

Thanks. I'm going on holidays so won't be able to really test yet but will get on it in 2 weeks and then hopefully it will work!
Hey, just a head's up that this solved it. It was indeed an issue of naming convention and just having a bit of luck with the two series that did show up. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disappearing files0