Xbmc Looking at wrong network card while checking for plugin updates
I have 2 NIC's in my pc (Lets call nic "A" the one that goes to the router & the net & nic "B" the one that goes to my server"

For some reason xbmc all of a sudden now only partially connects to net & after bringing up the system info page in xbmc my ip address is correct for nic A
The weather updates fine & rss is fine, But when xbmc starts & checks for plugin updates it's checking nic B, Which so effects any plugin that uses a net connection from working because the plugins are looking at nic B thinking that is the internet !!!

I have checked my firewall (comodo) & the access restrictions in the my router. everything seems ok

My binding order in windows 7 is:
nic A
nic B

Provider order is:
web client network
ms windows network
ms remote desktop............

This has got me stumped because its only xbmc that suffers from the above.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Assuming the connection on NIC B is just going to machines on your LAN, you could remove the default gateway from it, as it wouldn't be requesting packets from other networks anyway.
Thanks for the reply

Nic B has no default gateway as it is just a link to my server. only Nic A has the default gateway. Both Nic's are assigned static ip's & are on different ip ranges.

The most annoying thing is i haven't changed anything & have been using Nic A & B's settings for years.

At first i thought it was an issue with the nightly i just compiled but then i downloaded eden just to check. both are the same, but its only xbmc that has this issue everything else eg. avg looks straight at Nic A as it should because thats my router.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc Looking at wrong network card while checking for plugin updates0