Crystalbuntu; remove menu items?
I used the Crystalbuntu method of installing Linux (Ubuntu 8.04) on my Apple TV 1 with XBMC 11.0 (Eden) and everything is going great, runs really fast and everything is easy to use as I was hoping, the only thing I would LIKE to do with it is remove the menu items for selecting Pictures, Shutdown, and Programs and I will never use these on my Apple TV 1. I only want the menu items for Videos, Music, Weather, and Settings. However I have no idea if this is a Skin option or a general XBMC option I could just change.

If I could I would LOVE to have separate options for TV Shows and Movies on the main screen rather then a single Videos selection.

Specs:
Apple TV 1 (Silver)
Upgraded internal drive to 320GB 7200RPM
Updated to 3.0.2 before Crystalbuntu install as advised
Updated to the newest Crystalbuntu auto update (Ubuntu 8.04, XBMC 11.0 (Eden), "SLik" 2.0.0 Skin)
Everything works perfect so no bug log is needed.

Just a general question for simplifying the main screen.
Removing options from the Home screen is a skin option and is dependent upon whether the skin author has those options available.

Having separate TV and Movies options requires that you populate your library with TV and Movie content. You need to set the content of your folders and then scan them into the library. After that you should have entries for TV Shows and Movies.
Agreed. You may want to ask Jezz_X in the SLiK forum. This isn't a function of Crystalbuntu.

If I was familiar with the skin I would be more than happy to help you out. I am only familiar with Confluence and Aeon Nox.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crystalbuntu; remove menu items?0