An other a6-3500 system, thoughts. And how do I get smooth playback?
Hey all!!

Have just build a a6-3500 setup, and needed to play alot with the settings to get a smooth playback on "Avatar" in 1080p .mkv file. Still not sure that I have done it perfectly right?? :/
I'm also in doubt wether to use the ASUS chipsetdrivers and especially ASUS gfx driver?? Would it be better to get the newest from ATi's site?

Att: eskro!! It would be nice if you would write some basic xbmc settings as sticky in your HTPC guide. Tongue

System spec:
a6-3500
Asus f1a75-i deluxe
2x4gb Corsair XMS3 1600mhz
Old 3.5" Seagate 7200rpm 16mb 500gb HHD (right now only an 8-year-old 200gb 8mb sata150 HHD!!).

I will through in a review once I get the case the system was meant to be put in, but the case is out of stock and I couldn't wait for that Big Grin
First impressions are that the board is pretty decent quality, alot of functions in such a small board!! As always Asus comes with a HUGE bundle of software, some usefull others crap IMO. Just downloaded the newest drivers and the software I find usefull.
The REMOTE on the other hand sould under NO circumstances be the reason to buy this board!! It is almost completely useless Sad QWERTY keyboard layout is odd, I wouldn't espect it to have danish letters, But I and K is misplaced, and wouldn't have been if the remote was 8mm longer :/ The second function on 2-function keys on the "front", (the orange ones) is used when you hold the fn buttom on the OTHER site of the remote?? Big Grin You would get use to it but it isn't very clever. Basic functions as vol +/- and mute shouldn't be so hard to use. A simple fn buttom in the front as well would have solved this!! The direction keys in the front works like a charm in XMBC, but a "back" key on the front would have been nice aswell. The "backspace" key is easily used though. When you hold the remote in your right hand with the front facing you, the back key is in the top right corner on the other site, easily pushed with your right forefinger.
Are you using w 7 64? And yes use the ASUS drivers
Yes I'm on Windows7 x64 ultimate
Why do you say the remote is useless? Is it simply that the range sucks, in which case you could learn the buttons onto a better remote? Can you turn on the HTPC from a sleep state and/or a complete off state?
(2012-04-13, 10:54)LmmO Wrote: Hey all!!

Have just build a a6-3500 setup, and needed to play alot with the settings to get a smooth playback on "Avatar" in 1080p .mkv file. Still not sure that I have done it perfectly right?? :/
What problem did you encountered with playback?

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I don't know if you can turn on the system with the remote. I will look into this when I'm able to access the BIOS with an other monitor. Haven't tested the remote from more than 5 meters away, and there is no problem.

Playback issue is like it drags the picture / lags / hangs with some frames... Especially when there is graphic intensive sequence, the like the screen with the tree with the long pink thingys :-D
Try turning off or on hardware accelerating
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...or_Windows
delete me plz
go in BIOS and allow 512MB of shared memory to your VGA
(2012-04-13, 22:16)LmmO Wrote: Playback issue is like it drags the picture / lags / hangs with some frames... Especially when there is graphic intensive sequence, the like the screen with the tree with the long pink thingys :-D
How is the playback with MPC-HC or VLC?

As for the driver, you can download the latest AMD drive from here- Graphics Drivers & Software. You can try to enable DXVA2 in XBMC settings\videos\playback too.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-13, 22:57)eskro Wrote: go in BIOS and allow 512MB of shared memory to your VGA

In bios Advanced -North Bridge - Onboard ---- it's not called VGA on mine..... just a heads up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
An other a6-3500 system, thoughts. And how do I get smooth playback?0