My New Build A8-3870k with HD 6550
Photo 
Hey guys, just thought I'd post a thread regarding my new build and some of my theater (in progress). I'm pretty happy so far with the build, although I still have a few things to work out with the video performance. I will post back once all issues are resolved with my setup and what I think about it. I'm coming from Popcorn Hour and so far I really enjoy XBMC and I'm hoping once some video issues are resolved it will be the perfect media center solution.

Specs:
ASRock MB-A75M Socket FM1/ AMD A75 FCH/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ Micro ATX Motherboard
AMD A8-3870K APU with AMD Radeon 6550 HD Graphics 3.0GHz Unlocked Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Processor - Retail - AD3870WNGXBOX
Crucial 128 GB m4 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s CT128M4SSD2
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-4GBXL
Seasonic SS-400ET 400W 80 Plus bronze ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply
SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX Media Center/HTPC Case ML03B (Black)

Storage:
Readynas Ultra 4 8TB
Readynas Ultra 6 12TB

I'll post some updated pictures after I get XBMC working 100%, the theater is completed now and looks fantastic IMO.
A powerful HTPC....and congratulation!

If you need more ideas on how to setup XBMC, you can check out some guides in my signature........
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Really interested in what your end result is....this is the exact build i'm looking to do. Are you going to use the stock heatsink? Any other cooling needed? I'm hoping I can get a game and/or emulator to play nice as well. Thanks.
marvelous! good job! keep pop'n those pics Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My New Build A8-3870k with HD 65500