• 14(current)
New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON)
(2020-01-06, 18:45)mindedc Wrote:
(2019-08-29, 18:43)RetardedGoat Wrote:
(2018-01-15, 17:16)Yorgos Wrote: RetardedGoat's driver seems to be broken with Kodi v.18 Leia's recent nightlies, starting with Nov 9 2017.  Hope someone can fix, C4 and Kodi work beautifully otherwise.

I've posted a bug report on the LibreElec site, will do so with Kodi bug tracker as well shortly.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/11314-...er-loss-o/

Well. I’m stumped. There seems to be a bug in Leia. I send the packet. I see in the logs that kodi got the packet and successfully parsed it. But it still doesn’t work. At least not entirely. Some buttons work. But not others. It almost seems related to keys that are setup with the longpress mod.

I even pulled the kodi EventServer code from github. But everything looks fine. I’m not sure what’s causing the problem.  

I'm seeing the same thing. I think I also found where you opened an issue on the Kodi bug tracker and were told this is functioning as designed... It's hard to get my head around why they are making this so complicated. It looks like the C4 driver needs to track the state of the UI and send the appropriate command for the player state etc...

I have made a significant number of modifications and changes to your driver including combining the JSON and EventServer driver so the driver can get feedback from C4 for video playing for integration with lighting controls etc.. I have also added support for power on via IR command which is needed for certain platforms that don't support WOL. I have also re-packaged in the .c4z format and included decent looking icons. If you want to take a look at my revision and possibly collaborate on a Leia driver I would be interested. Either way I would be glad to share back the changes I have made.

Right on! I’d love that. I’ll message you my email address. Thanks for sharing!

Yep. It was pretty frustrating when they dismissed my issue on github. I even emailed the kodi contributor directly pleading my case but got no response. :-(

Thanks again for offering to share your driver changes. I’ll take a look as soon as you send it and let’s see if we can’t get a functional Leia driver going!
(2020-01-09, 17:54)RetardedGoat Wrote:
(2020-01-06, 18:45)mindedc Wrote:
(2019-08-29, 18:43)RetardedGoat Wrote: Well. I’m stumped. There seems to be a bug in Leia. I send the packet. I see in the logs that kodi got the packet and successfully parsed it. But it still doesn’t work. At least not entirely. Some buttons work. But not others. It almost seems related to keys that are setup with the longpress mod.

I even pulled the kodi EventServer code from github. But everything looks fine. I’m not sure what’s causing the problem.  

I'm seeing the same thing. I think I also found where you opened an issue on the Kodi bug tracker and were told this is functioning as designed... It's hard to get my head around why they are making this so complicated. It looks like the C4 driver needs to track the state of the UI and send the appropriate command for the player state etc...

I have made a significant number of modifications and changes to your driver including combining the JSON and EventServer driver so the driver can get feedback from C4 for video playing for integration with lighting controls etc.. I have also added support for power on via IR command which is needed for certain platforms that don't support WOL. I have also re-packaged in the .c4z format and included decent looking icons. If you want to take a look at my revision and possibly collaborate on a Leia driver I would be interested. Either way I would be glad to share back the changes I have made. 

Yep. It was pretty frustrating when they dismissed my issue on github. I even emailed the kodi contributor directly pleading my case but got no response. :-(

Thanks again for offering to share your driver changes. I’ll take a look as soon as you send it and let’s see if we can’t get a functional Leia driver going! 

I don't see a DM and frankly don't see a way to DM on this forum. Just drop me a note at (taway at eml.cc). I'll respond with my real email address. I've been down with the flu so it's taken me a little while to get back.
(2020-01-13, 22:28)mindedc Wrote:
(2020-01-09, 17:54)RetardedGoat Wrote:
(2020-01-06, 18:45)mindedc Wrote: I'm seeing the same thing. I think I also found where you opened an issue on the Kodi bug tracker and were told this is functioning as designed... It's hard to get my head around why they are making this so complicated. It looks like the C4 driver needs to track the state of the UI and send the appropriate command for the player state etc...

I don't see a DM and frankly don't see a way to DM on this forum. Just drop me a note at (taway at eml.cc). I'll respond with my real email address. I've been down with the flu so it's taken me a little while to get back. 
Any news on an update for Leia?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON)3