• 4(current)
New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON)
I am using an old IP driver that is based off of http control. With that driver the direction arrows do not do the 10% skip (up/down) and 30 second skip (left/right) during video playback that XBMC normally does under IR control, so I've got those skip commands mapped to the color buttons for easy access. I would much rather have the directional keypad do the skip commands during playback if at all possible but if that is not technically possible because of the JSON coding then I would love to see Player.Seek "smallforward" "smallbackward" "bigforward" "bigbackward" made mappable to the available buttons.
I would also like to see these:
"player full screen (GUI.SetFullscreen?)"
"context menu (Input.ContextMenu?)"
"Home (Input.Home?)"
"Previous Directory"
"Back (Input.Back?)"
"Codec Info (Input.ShowCodec?)"

Thanks for the hard work. I'm excited to ditch my very old driver especially since it doesn't work with the latest builds. If I can be of any help I'll gladly make myself available.

Sincerely,
Will
Glad to hear you are making progress on the driver, I cannot wait to use it. There is only a couple things I would like to see in the driver;
1. The ability to us the page up and page down button again
2. The subtext button( i think thats what its called) where you can delete movies, run updates right from the movie tab
Just seeing if you guys have made a progress.
Here is an updated driver that I developed. for me it does everything i need. feel free to comment on it, use it or ignore it.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/139762/XBMC-JSON-FRODO.c4i
been using Craigs driver above, manually added context menu in there and it works great, my big issue is still using the arrows to move around in the movie player, not sure why this isn't working as in debug i can clearly see input.direction going in.
responding to my post above, it seems like in json input.right no longer does transport controls (this worked in IR/keymap applications)

that being said, i can't seem to find a great alternative, there is player.seek but requires integers to determine how far, and that would basically require a rewrite of the whole transport section. which is a little out of my league.
just wanted to update that when you hit info and get the small overlay menu wiith the movie cover to the bottom right, the transport commands work, but only in that menu not during playback of the movie.

i believe this is a json thing and not a driver issue.
I must be doing something wrong here, I can't find where to add the ip address of my HTPC when I install the driver in Composer. Can someone tell me what I'm missing here? Thanks.

Edit - Found it.
I'm using this driver with the latest Frodo RC1 however my Control4 software is a bit behind (1.7.4). I did successfully install the drive but the only navigation that seems to work is the directional, and select. Page up and Page down actually "freezes" control for a short period and very little other functionality exists. Am I way off base trying to get this work on 1.7.4? I'm a bit of a hands on control4 user and try and keep my dealers work needed to a minimum.

Thanks for any help/advice.
i was using this driver on 1.8.2 with minimal problems, i dont think there is any big changes to the media proxy between 1.7.4 and 1.8.2 however, the main reason i switched was the ability to play movies directly from navigator which doesnt go into effect until 2.x.
I just tried this on v. 2.1.x of C4 and it works fine.. Upgraded to 2.3.0.210826 and it doesn't work any more. Any thoughts? This is the Frodo version from the Git repo. I'm using Frodo RC2
(2012-12-30, 04:24)joshs85 Wrote: I just tried this on v. 2.1.x of C4 and it works fine.. Upgraded to 2.3.0.210826 and it doesn't work any more. Any thoughts? This is the Frodo version from the Git repo. I'm using Frodo RC2

Just upgraded my HC250 to 2.3 and it works fine with Eden. Don't forget to check "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP" in System, Settings, Network and set the port to 8080.

I went back to Eden because of the Frodo audio issues, HDMI direct to TV has a problem with AMD drivers. Just wish the play > key worked with this driver....

Correction: BrandonJ's driver works fine, Craig P's does not. Craig's shows as "online" in Composer, but no control so something broke.....

Any ideas anyone??
Great Stuff in this thread. I have spent quite a few hours and have fixed the driver to work with 2.3. I have also added some awesome new features.

Jumpsms - search through collections using sms style search (e.g. 2 = a b c
Seek Percentage - during play type 2 to go to 20% through movie, 5 to go to 50%, etc.
Change Subtitles
Change Audio Streams
Zoom In and Zoom Out
Change Aspect Ratio
See on screen codec info
Ability to scan video library
ability to clean video library

Test it out, tell me what you think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mton764hte7esw...O%20v3.c4i
Kedda,

Thanks for working on your driver. I downloaded it tonight and gave it a go on one of my boxes. All of the basic functionality seems to work really well. I had a few problems though.

* I can't get the On-screen GUI to come up while playing a movie so that means I can't change any of the audio or video settings while watching a movie. This is most important when selecting different audio and subtitle tracks while watching a movie.

* I like that the directional buttons do the big and little skips during playback. However this presented an issue when pressing the "Cancel" button on the remote and exiting from fullscreen during playback. The GUI is overlayed over the playing movie and there is no way to go back to fullscreen without stopping the movie because the directional buttons are only doing big/little skips during playback.

*How do I access the clean library and update library functionality?

Thanks again for working on this. Out of the couple of C4 drivers for XBMC yours has the most functionality on Frodo by far. Let me know if you want me to test anything else or if I can help at all.

Thanks,
Bahndit
Thanks to all those working on this driver.The lack of transport controls is definitely a bummer. It seems I have some control when watching my own content but not with streaming content. Is this what everyone else is experiencing? And am I understanding correctly that this is json issue?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON)3