• 9(current)
New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON)
I will integrate the WOL code posted here and do some testing.
I also merged stif's code to support navigating TV channels
Thanks so much! Please let us know when you get it working.
(2014-01-25, 23:27)chris6128 Wrote: I gave up with it and found a free homemation WOL driver that I have programmed to wake my PC when "watch xbmc" is selected. Works a charm :)

Funny enough, that's what I used as a basis for WOL support in my driver. Looks like I have some debugging to do!
Polonda, I think I have WoL working now.
The problem was I wasn't waiting for the connection to be established before sending the magic packet, so there was no guarantee the packet was sent. I moved the WoL stuff to the proper place.

Let me know if it works for you, or if you still have issues.
Brandon, Just gave it a shot and still no luck. Tried with and without : in the mac. Still works fine from my phone app.
(2014-01-26, 10:06)Craig P Wrote: I made the Homemation driver. It was the first driver I did and was for getting my PC to boot into XBMC. Uses the same code as above. I just put that code into an XBMC driver I wrote for when C4 sends out the power command.

As long as it's working Smile

I found the WOL driver you guys are talking about, however when I put the MAC in the properties page and then go to the actions tab and test the Lua output mac is all F's and it doesn't work. Any ideas?
Okay, I have been messing with the WoL stuff for a coupel days now, and I am pretty sure I've got it working now - I have it working consistently on my setup

Polanda, If you could try again for me, but follow these instructions, just to be sure:

1) in composer, delete XBMC from your project
2) go to the drivers menu and select "Manage Drivers"
3) sort by manufacturer, and scroll to the bottom of the list
4) highlight my XBMC driver and click the delete button, click yes to confirm
5) download the updated Frodo driver from github
6) in composer, go to the Drivers menu, and select Add - add the new updated driver
7) Add XBMC back in to your project, make the appropriate connections, assign the IP, etc

**MAKE SURE YOU HIT THE SET BUTTON AFTER CHANGING ANYTHING IN THESE NEXT STEPS***
8) In the driver configuration, add the mac address of the XBMC machine - no colons or dashes - click set
9) Change Wake On Lan to Enabled, click set
10) Change Room Off Command to "Suspend System", click set.

11) Try it out!

I have noticed that simply updating a driver almost never works. During development, I have to go through these steps every time I make a change, or it just uses the old driver version. I can't figure out why.
If you could follow all these steps and let me know how it works, I would appreciate it. Like I said, I have verified this in my home, as well as on a couple other machines, and it works every time now. older versions were inconsistent).

Good Luck!
It works!

I'll be upgrading to Gotham soon...any know issues with your driver?

Thanks again
The Gotham driver should pretty much work the same as the Frodo driver, but has had _very little_ (none) testing done on it. I changed a bunch of backend code in it to help with some upcoming features I hope to implement, so it's not just a compatibility update.
I should point out that the Frodo driver will be forwards compatible with Gotham, since the JSON API is still the same V6. Hopefully that will not change.
(2014-02-28, 02:35)brandonj Wrote: Okay, I have been messing with the WoL stuff for a coupel days now, and I am pretty sure I've got it working now - I have it working consistently on my setup

Polanda, If you could try again for me, but follow these instructions, just to be sure:

1) in composer, delete XBMC from your project
2) go to the drivers menu and select "Manage Drivers"
3) sort by manufacturer, and scroll to the bottom of the list
4) highlight my XBMC driver and click the delete button, click yes to confirm
5) download the updated Frodo driver from github
6) in composer, go to the Drivers menu, and select Add - add the new updated driver
7) Add XBMC back in to your project, make the appropriate connections, assign the IP, etc

**MAKE SURE YOU HIT THE SET BUTTON AFTER CHANGING ANYTHING IN THESE NEXT STEPS***
8) In the driver configuration, add the mac address of the XBMC machine - no colons or dashes - click set
9) Change Wake On Lan to Enabled, click set
10) Change Room Off Command to "Suspend System", click set.

11) Try it out!

I have noticed that simply updating a driver almost never works. During development, I have to go through these steps every time I make a change, or it just uses the old driver version. I can't figure out why.
If you could follow all these steps and let me know how it works, I would appreciate it. Like I said, I have verified this in my home, as well as on a couple other machines, and it works every time now. older versions were inconsistent).

Good Luck!

PLEASE HELP...
Ive been trying o add yoru driver for days, and now matter how/which way I try, I keep on getting a fatal error when trying to add the driver, and Composer closes.
Sad

I have made sure that nothing is under the 'Manage drivers', other than a XBMC driver that I created which is ONLY a infrared driver.

I have tried copying it into the Drivers folder through Windows explorer before opening Composer, but then Control 4 crashes everytime I open it.

What else can I try?
Thanks,
Jared
what version of composer are you using?
Can you paste the error details?
Does this happen with other drivers you try to add?
Is this composer Pro, or composer Home?

I have never heard of this problem before. The first thing I would try is reinstalling composer, and make sure the version of composer you install is the same version number running on your controller.

-Brandon
Brandon,
I am running V2.5.2.
Error details after i try add the driver from within Composer:

"A fata lerror was detected and logged. Composer will be forced to exit."

Exception: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: Control4.Client
at Control4.Client.ConfigDataManager.UpdateConfigInfo(String fileName, Boolean forceOverwrite, String& errorString)
at Control4.Designer.DesignerForm.OnDriverAdd(Command cmd)
at Control4.Designer.Command.Execute()
at Control4.Designer.MenuItemExecutor.menuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This is with ComposerPro.
I havent really tried to add other drivers as of yet from an external source. Ive been using all thats within Composer / creating my own simple IR drivers.

I will try an uninstall and reinstall of Composer. Smile

Thanks,
Jared
I have a same problem

Composer pro 2.5.3

Error details:
Exception: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
Source: Control4.Client
в Control4.Client.ConfigDataManager.UpdateConfigInfo(String fileName, Boolean forceOverwrite, String& errorString)
в Control4.Designer.DesignerForm.OnDriverAdd(Command cmd)
в Control4.Designer.Command.Execute()
в Control4.Designer.MenuItemExecutor.menuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
в System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
в System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute()
в System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
в System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)
в System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
в System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
в System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
в System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
в System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
в System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
в System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
I am having trouble getting this driver to work at all. I downloaded the driver from github, installed it in composer, set the mac and the ip address, and changed the http port to 9090 like the driver. When i push commands on my control 4 remotes I can see the commands popup in the LUA section of the properties driver but no commands are controlling the xbmc. I have xbmc just running on my windows 8 pc and only have 3 movies in my library since I am just testing this out. Do I have to have a dedicated pc for xbmc to work or can i control it through my regular windows 8 pc. My plan was to hook an hdmi out of my pc to my av receiver and simply use xbmc as an additional source. Sorry if this is a newbie question but I am brand new to xbmc. I saw someone mention that you need to change the json port to 9090 not the http port, but I am not sure how this is accomplished. I also get an error that says remote communication server failed to start when i enable other programs to control the xbmc as it says to do so in the driver, im thinking that might be the problem but i am unsure as to how to solve it. I am running composer 2.5.3 on windows 8.1. Any help is much appreciated. Also do I need to populate commands in the documentation section or somewhere else in the driver because the feedback i am getting from the LUA page mentions something about a nil value on button presses. Thanks for the help.

Emit: {"id":230,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetActivePlayers"}
On Timer Expired
SendToNetwork:{"id":230,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetActivePlayers"}
On Timer Expired
On Timer Expired
XBMC: polltimer test
Emit: {"id":231,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetActivePlayers"}
On Timer Expired
SendToNetwork:{"id":231,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetActivePlayers"}
On Timer Expired
On Timer Expired
XBMC: OnConnectionStatusChanged[6001 (9090)]: OFFLINE
XBMC: not connected.
Failed to receive poll responses from XBMC... Disconnecting...
XBMC: OnConnectionStatusChanged[6001 (9090)]: ONLINE
Connected to XBMC...
XBMC: ReceivedFromProxy: PLAY
[string "Lua Code"]:929: attempt to call field '?' (a nil value) (ReceivedFromProxy)
On Timer Expired
Attempting to reconnect to XBMC...
On Timer Expired
Emit: {"id":232,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetActivePlayers"}
On Timer Expired
SendToNetwork:{"id":232,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetActivePlayers"}
On Timer Expired
XBMC: ReceivedFromProxy: PAUSE
[string "Lua Code"]:929: attempt to call field '?' (a nil value) (ReceivedFromProxy)
On Timer Expired
Emit: {"id":233,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetActivePlayers"}
On Timer Expired
On Timer Expired
On Timer Expired

this is what I am getting.
Hi just an update to my previous post. I am able to control xbmc just using the ip address an port number typed into internet explorer so it doesnt seem that the port is being blocked or anything like that, Isnt the ip driver for control 4 essentially sending the same commands? or am I just missing a step? Thanks.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON)3