Crashing frequently - logs aplenty
Hi all
I'm getting lots of crashes now and on my previous nightly build (from a few weeks back).

I can't see any pattern to the crashes I'm afraid. Happens while looking at settings menu, while streaming audio using a plugin, while navigating through files (samba NAS) etc etc.

iOS (AppleTV2) 10.4.0, Version 4.2.1 (Build 8C154)
XBMC (13.0-ALPHA7 Git:20130830-b08bd0e

xbmc log
crash report

and another xbmc log
and another crashreport

syslog

Any thoughts please?

thanks
Paul
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
This is a known crash with current nightlies and ios version < 4.3 ... you have to either update ios or downgrade xbmc to frodo i'm afraid. (switching to a different protocol beside samba might help too - e.x. upnp or nfs or so).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-09-08, 19:25)Memphiz Wrote: This is a known crash with current nightlies and ios version < 4.3 ... you have to either update ios or downgrade xbmc to frodo i'm afraid. (switching to a different protocol beside samba might help too - e.x. upnp or nfs or so).

Thank you Mr Memphiz, much appreciated. I'll try Frodo.

cheers
Paul
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
Seems to have worked. Thank you again.
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
can you try

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/darw...r-atv2.deb

and see if this fixes the problem aswell?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2013-09-12, 21:42)Memphiz Wrote: can you try

Yes that seems fine. Obviously I'm curious about the difference between the test and the nightly builds?

thanks
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
I've seen this test release mentioned a couple of times too so I am also interested in what is different about it. I've got some ongoing issues with my 3 ATVs which I think may be due to the quite old iOS version they are running. The iOS upgrade process and rejailbreak is a pain so I just left them running their original version. They worked perfectly with Eden but all crash since "upgrading" to Frodo. They are currently running a previous test release from Davilla and that certainly improved things but it's not perfect. Maybe I should give this later test release a go .........
Test build is compiled against ios sdk 4.2 - nightlies against 4.3.

Apple fucked up headers vs. Libraries in 4.3...
(2013-09-21, 11:34)Memphiz Wrote: Test build is compiled against ios sdk 4.2 - nightlies against 4.3.

Apple fucked up headers vs. Libraries in 4.3...

Hi Memphiz, thanks. So I assume that I'm stuck with this build (no problem!) or frodo - or otherwise I need to upgrade to ios 4.3....
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
We are still in decision if we go down to 4.2 one last time for the gotham release. I would like to get some more feedback of others i made aware of that testbuild. But got none so far.
I have horses heads. Just give me their names.

Would my lack of any official xbmc addon repository have anything to do with this being a test build?
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
(2013-09-12, 21:42)Memphiz Wrote: can you try

As I said before, no crashes with this version, but I do have a couple of problems now :
1. There aren't any addons in the official xbmc repository
2. It isn't saving my gui preferences (things like media sources are saving though)

iOS (AppleTV2) 10.4.0, Version 4.2.1 (Build 8C154)
XBMC (13.0-ALPHA8 Git:20130912-06e3a18)
Log file: http://pastebin.com/hzeMnxer

Anyone else having problems with this test build? Think I'm going to have to revert to a stable Frodo build :-(
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
This should be solved as of the next nightly build ... (running on iOS 4.2.1 i mean)
(2013-10-25, 16:22)Memphiz Wrote: This should be solved as of the next nightly build ... (running on iOS 4.2.1 i mean)

Thanks. Installed Nov 8 nightly build, looking good thank you. At least no reboots Smile

Really happy to be back on the bleedin' edge. Thanks for helping me avoid upgrading iOS.
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crashing frequently - logs aplenty0