Not charging when Eden is running
This may just be my iPad being insane but, I noticed it doesn't charge when XBMC is running.

Any thoughts?
It's just the icon used, the statusbar is not the real statusbar of apple. So it is actually charging in the background.
Also, you might notice that the battery percentage isn't correct either. Battery percentage is floored (rounded down to the nearest) 5 percent.

EDIT: or they use ioreg to calculate the remaining percentage.

Anyway if you were to wait for a long time while on XBMC eden, you'll notice the percentage will go up. (Speaking from experience)
Or you may have a low powered USB port that won't charge the iPad while the screen is on as that's a known issue for some PCs
and if the energy that is requested by the active process is greater than that which is being received from the charger?
That is only the case when you are powered with an USB port through your computer (mainly something non-apple computers)
For some reason, only on mac osx the ipad get "Charging as state" and not on windows/linux. To be safe, just plug in on the wall.
I can confirm this.

Actually th3 not the case...
Firstly there are 2 types of wall chargers Apple sell, one 5w (same as USB) for iPod and iPhone, another 10w for iPad & iPad 2. They look identical in all international markets except in the US where the iPod charger is small. If you use the 5w charger with the screen on - the battery will drain slowly, if the screen is off the iPad 2 will charge slowly (7 hours vs 3). 10w is meant to charge regardless how intensive the app or screen brightness.

I'm using a 10w iPad charger with an iPad 2, 3/4 brightness left on bedside table streaming 720p or 1080p mkv of a night while I fall asleep. When I wake in the morning the iPad has generally drained to 75% while plugged into the 10w charger.

This has only ever happened using XBMC and is reproducible.

I'm referring to the iPad homescreen battery icon not the xbmc one.

EDIT it seems 3rd party cables are the cause of my charging issues. I'm using a non OEM 3m dock cable, when I switched to the stupidly short OEM Apple one the iPad charged quickly while using xbmc. Apparently this is a known issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not charging when Eden is running1