Addon ratings and addon thumb?
Addons were introduced in Dharma but over a year later ListItem.Property(Addon.StarRating) is still unused.

Is it going anywhere?

Thanks.

EDIT: Also, while I'm coding the Addon Browser, why aren't the addon icons stored locally in the thumbnail folder?
It is no idea when though but our is being talked about internally recently
I must say I consider this feature a bad idea. It is of course different with paid software where you can demand quality for the price you paid.

I think everybody is trying to contribute project as much as they can making efforts to make addons bug free and feature rich. Thus, allowing users to give one star rating to addons that they don't like seems bad idea to me. OTOH, if everybody would rate addons with 5 start from a respect to addon author's efforts than, again, feature would not make much sense.

Just my 2 cents, it´s up to devs to decide. However, for above reasons, this probably won't be supported by my skin.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I agree with pecinko.

Moreover, I could perfectly love a 1 star rated addon, but would I have tried this addon knowing it's only 1 star? Without stars, you try and see if you like it. If the addon is not perfect, but that you like it, you might even begin to modify it to your taste and hence adding some relevant efforts to the whole XBMC project.
(2012-04-14, 17:26)Hitcher Wrote: EDIT: Also, while I'm coding the Addon Browser, why aren't the addon icons stored locally in the thumbnail folder?

This is much important issue...

The addon icons are stored locally. Take a nosy through your Textures6.db and you'll see 'em all cached.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Strange because when I tried using IsEmpty(ListItem.Thumb it never returned true even for addons without an icon.png; and then when I checked the actual path for ListItem.Thumb it returned the direct path to the addon folder.
Correct - ListItem.Thumb will return the online URL (or local URL if the add-on is installed) of the thumb in latest master. They're cached regardless, however. Further, if the image isn't available (fails to load), the fallback will be used. In the case of ListItem.Icon it'll even fallback to the icon image before falling back to the fallback.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Why do they take so much longer to load than video or music thumbs?
Likely they're not all cached yet? Once they're cached it should be just as quick, if not quicker.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon ratings and addon thumb?0