• 43(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
(2015-01-04, 16:20)maxadamo Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 15:54)takoi Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 00:48)akuiraz Wrote: any chance that remote shares could be incorporated? my hard drives are on the same computer as my main xbmc install... i just set them up as shares for future xbmc installations in the home with mysql. is there anything i could do to get this working?

Maybe for samba, others probably not.

I don't think so. inotify it's a filesystem event based API. When you write on a network shared (NFS or Samba) the event is received on the filesystem of the server where the sahre is exported, and not on the computer mounting the share.
That's a 3 year old post you're quoting. Support for all network protocols have been added long since then using polling. You are also not correct: samba does support event notification over network. Just not implemented here.
Hi all,

I use this plugin on raspberry pi but i have problem with synology nas. I set 10minutes hibernate for HDD but if i have enable plugin watch dog the hibernation isnt working. When I disable the watchdog the hibernating is working.

Do you know where is the problem?

Thanks for help
(2014-12-24, 06:59)TechLife Wrote: I am also having the shutdown issue. When I choose to close Kodi, it becomes unresponsive and will crash to this error:

XBMC crashes with Runtime Error! C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusualy way.
Please contact the applications support theam for more information.

I have had this issue since Gotham. It wasn't until searching the forum the other day that I had any reason to believe it was WatchDog related. Sure enough, after disabling it, no issues. Soon as I re-enable it, right back to crashing out. I can duplicate this on multiple machines (all PC) within the house so it is not isolated to one box.

I tried updating to the beta above and unfortunately, no change.

Debug log here: http://pastebin.com/96NmKDr8

Thank you.
Did the 0.9.4 update improve things for you? I believe it simply doesn't get enough time to stop, resulting in the crash. Possibly something is eating all the cpu or the network is unresponsive and blocking for a very long time. (the latter sound more plausible since it's affecting multiple machines)
After 1 or 2 years after uninstalling I again had a try with this plugin with Helix now. But I still have the same problems with it. It made my Kodi freeze after deactivating and activating again:
Code:
22:30:55 T:139890298722176   DEBUG: OnKey: 11 (0x0b) pressed, action is Select
22:31:01 T:139889618179840   DEBUG: [service.watchdog] stopping..
22:31:06 T:139890298722176   ERROR: CPythonInvoker(2, /storage/.kodi/addons/service.watchdog/service.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
22:31:22 T:139889601394432   DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 139889601394432 terminating (autodelete)

Even after that message Kodi did not respond anymore and I hat to reboot the machine.
(2015-01-16, 23:35)devkid Wrote: After 1 or 2 years after uninstalling I again had a try with this plugin with Helix now. But I still have the same problems with it. It made my Kodi freeze after deactivating and activating again:
And I have been using it daily for more than 1 to 2 years and it has not frozen kodi once. That is why you have to provide more info, such as a complete debug log, not a snippet that isn't relevant, if I am to have any chance at fixing the problem.
Hi, I have been having problems with my library constantly being emptied out and have to rescan again.. and then it wont rescan a lot of the movies either. All my movies are on network shares. It scan fine when i first added source but then maybe few hours later they have all disappeared. In the watchdog settings i have disabled any clean function and changed in advanced that removal method to be remove the deleted video only. But still it will clean out part or all of the library randomly... this is the windows version by the way. It is happening on 3 different machines:

edit:

i have noticed these sort of errors when its removing them:
10:54:16 T:3508 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://main/MOVIES/HARD LUCK/
10:54:16 T:380 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://main/TV/House/SEASON 6/

even if there is a network problem shouldn't it still just skip and not delete anything from library unless it can access the share and verify the file is deleted ?
(2015-01-29, 01:35)vick Wrote: Hi, I have been having problems with my library constantly being emptied out and have to rescan again.. and then it wont rescan a lot of the movies either. All my movies are on network shares. It scan fine when i first added source but then maybe few hours later they have all disappeared. In the watchdog settings i have disabled any clean function and changed in advanced that removal method to be remove the deleted video only. But still it will clean out part or all of the library randomly... this is the windows version by the way. It is happening on 3 different machines:

edit:

i have noticed these sort of errors when its removing them:
10:54:16 T:3508 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://main/MOVIES/HARD LUCK/
10:54:16 T:380 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://main/TV/House/SEASON 6/

even if there is a network problem shouldn't it still just skip and not delete anything from library unless it can access the share and verify the file is deleted ?
I think you misinterpreted the 'remove the deleted video only'. It's only an experimental (faster) alternative to cleaning the library. Though regardless of this setting it should be able to detect whether share is offline or deleted. Can you post the entire debug log please?
deleted
deleted
vick: please read Log File (wiki) on how to enable debug logging and post in on xbmclogs.com. None of snippets posted here is relevant so please post the entire log and let me worry about sorting it out.
oh ok sorry... im new to this..
That's okSmile
is this what you need ?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=408331
it seems to happen just after coming out of sleep / suspend
from what i can see watchdog is removing them for some reason ?
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4