• 44(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
Sorry fo the n00b question: I have all my shares on a Windows OS based home server. I'm accessing these with an Openelec box running latest Helix.

Is Watchdog working over this SMB network share?

Thanks!
(2015-01-30, 12:13)takoi Wrote: vick: please read Log File (wiki) on how to enable debug logging and post in on xbmclogs.com. None of snippets posted here is relevant so please post the entire log and let me worry about sorting it out.

hi.. it has gone quiet... did you work anything out from the logs i uploaded ?
(2015-02-02, 10:23)gurabli Wrote: Sorry fo the n00b question: I have all my shares on a Windows OS based home server. I'm accessing these with an Openelec box running latest Helix.

Thanks!

I have windows based shares and watchdog has worked with linux and windows version of kodi.. though i am having some other issues as stated in previous posts.. might not happen to you though
(2015-02-02, 10:23)gurabli Wrote: Sorry fo the n00b question: I have all my shares on a Windows OS based home server. I'm accessing these with an Openelec box running latest Helix.

Thanks!
I keep my files on a samba share (linux running samba) and it works great.
Will this work in a running Slideshow? I mean, suppose you're running a Slideshow on a certain folder, and you delete/add images. Will the Slideshow understand those changes while running?
(2015-02-04, 06:26)redraw Wrote: Will this work in a running Slideshow? I mean, suppose you're running a Slideshow on a certain folder, and you delete/add images. Will the Slideshow understand those changes while running?
Idk. Just go see.
(2015-02-02, 14:12)vick Wrote:
(2015-01-30, 12:13)takoi Wrote: vick: please read Log File (wiki) on how to enable debug logging and post in on xbmclogs.com. None of snippets posted here is relevant so please post the entire log and let me worry about sorting it out.

Just busy with other things that's all. First, you should change 'Removal method' back to default (clean entire library) as this will make kodi attempt to skip unavailable files. I've made an improvement the 'offline' detection in the next version (v0.9.5) of the addon as well but it's not always trivial to know if a file was deleted or is just unavailable. Ideally the network problems related to sleep/suspend on you machine should be fixed (nothing I can help with though, unfortunately).
(2015-02-04, 12:07)takoi Wrote:
(2015-02-02, 14:12)vick Wrote:

Just busy with other things that's all. First, you should change 'Removal method' back to default (clean entire library) as this will make kodi attempt to skip unavailable files. I've made an improvement the 'offline' detection in the next version (v0.9.5) of the addon as well but it's not always trivial to know if a file was deleted or is just unavailable. Ideally the network problems related to sleep/suspend on you machine should be fixed (nothing I can help with though, unfortunately).

hi.. there is no problem with my sleep/suspend... i just said it happened coming from sleep a few times.. the issue is watchdog deleted titles ?? as can be seen o nthe log.. even if there is a network problem it shouldn't be removing titles right ?
as shown on the debug log why is it removing the titles ?
(2015-02-04, 13:02)vick Wrote: hi.. there is no problem with my sleep/suspend... i just said it happened coming from sleep a few times.. the issue is watchdog deleted titles ?? as can be seen o nthe log.. even if there is a network problem it shouldn't be removing titles right ?
Did v0.9.5 improve things? It removes the titles because the server isn't responding. Hench it looks like the files are deleted.
i will test and let you know... but is this how it is supposed to behave ? shouldnt it only delete when it has access to the server and can verify it has been deleted ? i would think it should only delete titles if the source folder on the server was removed in the list in kodi... other than that it should be able to only remove when it has actually accessed the source folder and scanned it..

currently i am just doing manual cleans

just a question... i read how it uses system cache to stop the hard drives from always spinning... does this work for smb shares too ?
That's what it does. It checks if the root media source folder exists. If it does it deletes it, if not it ignores all events coming from that path.
[removed since i didn't provided proper information.]
I'm running the docker from wernerb (https://github.com/wernerb/docker-xbmc-server) on a headless ubuntu server to keep track of the media additions or removals that resides there. Your addon worked wonders until recently. I was forced to comment out the progress.update lines to get it running on a headless server due to the NULL windows on a headless server I guess.

Recently it stopped working. I'll attach a debug log without any modifications. Is there any chance to get it working on a headless instance again? unfortunately I have not much of coding skills.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=422965

edit: after fiddeling around the whole morning I was able to get it running again by commenting out every progress function call in main.py. Could this maybe handled more elegant? I know it's a pretty special usecase but your addon is pretty perfect for it but every update breaks it again for me.
I have recently noticed that watchdog is not making any changes to the library, in a folder that I have it monitoring for just my TV recordings. It does for my recorded movies folder, but not for my TV recorded folders. I have to go into Kodi settings to do a manual library clean then the right information shows up.

In the watchdog config section, I have my M:\ drive for movies to watch and my T:\ drive for TV recordings to watch.

I also have XBMC Library add-on running as well with watchdog add-on. Could those be conflicting with each other?

Any suggestions?
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4