• 46(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
Another issue :
watchdog addon seems to be in conflict with OpenElec Settings.
When Watchdog is activated, Openelec settings are slow, unresponsive, etc...
once Watchdog is deactivated, OE settings behaviour come back to normal.
Any Ideas?
Thanks for your help
(2015-04-15, 23:01)moreje Wrote: Another issue :
watchdog addon seems to be in conflict with OpenElec Settings.
When Watchdog is activated, Openelec settings are slow, unresponsive, etc...
once Watchdog is deactivated, OE settings behaviour come back to normal.
Any Ideas?
Thanks for your help
Yes. http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/14212. Should hopefully be fixed before Isengard is released
How to launch watchdog via console? It is possible run watchdog script in command line?
(2015-05-11, 16:31)skelos Wrote: How to launch watchdog via console? It is possible run watchdog script in command line?

I think most if the scripts can be ran by cmd line. However I don't know the cmd, it may be KODI.runscript(name.of.script). This is a guess and based on how artwork downloader is ran by cmd line. Sorry in advanced if it's misinformation.
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to use Watchdog (default setting) with Bello skin in Kodi 14.2 “Helix and also SPMC.
Problem: after installing Watchdog every task I'm running in Kodi is taking ages to be completed.
Ex. Artwork Download, Customize skin settings, update library, etc. etc.
Anyone else with the same problem?
I thought that maybe Watchdog doesn't get along with particular skins and/or add-on?
Any help is welcome.. thansk
(2015-05-13, 14:55)Lorenzz Wrote: Hi everyone,
I'm trying to use Watchdog (default setting) with Bello skin in Kodi 14.2 “Helix and also SPMC.
Problem: after installing Watchdog every task I'm running in Kodi is taking ages to be completed.
I thought that maybe Watchdog doesn't get along with particular skins and/or add-on?
Yes, probably the same kodi issue as mentioned above. Please try Isengard Beta 1 or Nightly. It should be fixed.
(2015-05-13, 16:12)takoi Wrote:
(2015-05-13, 14:55)Lorenzz Wrote: Hi everyone,
Yes, probably the same kodi issue as mentioned above. Please try Isengard Beta 1 or Nightly. It should be fixed.
Thanks, I will try that version
Is there a way to increase the number of video sources from 5?
I used auto detect, but there's one source that I want to scrape externally first, before it's added to my library. I would set Watchdog to ignore that path, but that's not an option.
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
All,

i changed from XBMC library updater to Watchdog and it appears to me as if this addon consumes less resources for the scanning and update part.

Currently I have configured my NAS with WOL to be started when Kodi enters the directories which is very good and useful for me - in the current setup watchdog starts up when i start kodi and turns on my nas. is there any possibility to start watchdog without direct updating the mediasources?

thank!
I have set up watchdog, but running into an issue I can't figure out. It adds new shows and movies alright, but when higher quality versions of a show are added and the lower is removed from disk, it adds the new version to the Kodi database without removing the old one. Watchdog is set to clean up the individual item, not a full clean (as that would run like 20 minutes, and I don't want that). Also worth noting perhaps is that I shut down Kodi after use, so typically the files get deleted/added while Kodi is not running. Watchdog is set to scan for changes at start because of this.
(2015-07-27, 23:09)throttlemeister Wrote: I have set up watchdog, but running into an issue I can't figure out. It adds new shows and movies alright, but when higher quality versions of a show are added and the lower is removed from disk, it adds the new version to the Kodi database without removing the old one. Watchdog is set to clean up the individual item, not a full clean (as that would run like 20 minutes, and I don't want that). Also worth noting perhaps is that I shut down Kodi after use, so typically the files get deleted/added while Kodi is not running. Watchdog is set to scan for changes at start because of this.
Well it is an experimental feature. I'm thinking of removing entirely because it's hard to do well. It just isn't reliable at the moment.
Can someone help me get this working? I installed, restarted Kodi but it's not updating my movies. I have to go to Files > movies source > Scan for new content on the item that's been added. Updating library doesn't even add the movie. Thanks for any help.
(2015-08-21, 03:26)colbert Wrote: Can someone help me get this working? I installed, restarted Kodi but it's not updating my movies. I have to go to Files > movies source > Scan for new content on the item that's been added. Updating library doesn't even add the movie. Thanks for any help.

Did you configure the settings in Watchdog ?
(2015-06-27, 17:14)marhutchy Wrote: Is there a way to increase the number of video sources from 5?
I used auto detect, but there's one source that I want to scrape externally first, before it's added to my library. I would set Watchdog to ignore that path, but that's not an option.

So, I guess the developer has abandoned us.
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
(2015-08-26, 19:06)marhutchy Wrote:
(2015-06-27, 17:14)marhutchy Wrote: Is there a way to increase the number of video sources from 5?

So, I guess the developer has abandoned us.
I would never abandon youAngel Will try to do it this weekend. Btw it's always possible to send a patch to get thing done faster
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4