• 47(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
(2015-08-21, 03:26)colbert Wrote: Can someone help me get this working? I installed, restarted Kodi but it's not updating my movies. I have to go to Files > movies source > Scan for new content on the item that's been added. Updating library doesn't even add the movie. Thanks for any help.
Debug log (wiki). Though, if manual library update doesn't work either, post in General support.
(2015-08-28, 10:30)takoi Wrote:
(2015-08-26, 19:06)marhutchy Wrote:
(2015-06-27, 17:14)marhutchy Wrote: Is there a way to increase the number of video sources from 5?
I used auto detect, but there's one source that I want to scrape externally first, before it's added to my library. I would set Watchdog to ignore that path, but that's not an option.

So, I guess the developer has abandoned us.
I would never abandon youAngel Will try to do it this weekend. Btw it's always possible to send a patch to get thing done faster

Wow! You've heard our cry! Smile
Patiently waiting.

Lovely add-on btw!

------------------------

Thanks a lot for the update! Smile
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
I uninstalled watchdog and kodi is running great now, is it one of those not needed addons like 75% of them
Don't install add-ons you don't need?
(2015-04-15, 23:01)moreje Wrote: Another issue :
watchdog addon seems to be in conflict with OpenElec Settings.
When Watchdog is activated, Openelec settings are slow, unresponsive, etc...
once Watchdog is deactivated, OE settings behaviour come back to normal.
Any Ideas?
Thanks for your help

Always same problem.
I Had to uninstall WatchDog
(2015-09-22, 20:34)Jacques56 Wrote:
(2015-04-15, 23:01)moreje Wrote: Another issue :
watchdog addon seems to be in conflict with OpenElec Settings.
When Watchdog is activated, Openelec settings are slow, unresponsive, etc...
once Watchdog is deactivated, OE settings behaviour come back to normal.
Any Ideas?
Thanks for your help

Always same problem.
I Had to uninstall WatchDog
Update to kodi 15.x. There was a bug in older kodi versions causing this.
I have OpenELEC 5.0.8 and Kodi 14.2 (mar 31 2015) (last stable version for what I know)

Dont find v15.1 for OpenELEC
(2015-09-24, 00:36)Jacques56 Wrote: I have OpenELEC 5.0.8 and Kodi 14.2 (mar 31 2015) (last stable version for what I know)

Dont find v15.1 for OpenELEC

Try version 5.95.5 [BETA]
Yes, I'am just downloading it ;-)

Not too much bugs in it ?
(2015-09-24, 01:33)Jacques56 Wrote: Yes, I'am just downloading it ;-)

Not too much bugs in it ?

None that I'm aware of.
The only reason OE is on 5.95.5 beta is that Kodi is going to release 15.2 soon, and so that will be what is used for the stable OE 6.0.0 . The 5.95.5 "beta" is basically the stable release of 15.1, and runs beautifully. The delay was mainly related to a bug with MCE remotes, which 5.95.5 resolved.

This was confirmed by sraue (OE's lead developer) in this thread a few days ago.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yes !
OpenELEC 5.95.5 beta is fine
Even, I think that it is more stable than stable version ;-)

With stable version I had many freeze. Obliged to power off my Rpi2 to work.
Takoi -

Someone pointed me to your plugin after my posting here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=243459

I notice that your profile lists you as a "Team-Kodi Member." I'm not entirely sure what being a "member" entails - but I assume you are involved not just as an independent add-on developer, but probably somewhat involved in the core product itself.

I have a questions that is not meant to be a critique as much as it is genuine curiosity:

Why wouldn't time spent enhancing the base product to do some of this library management be better spent then an add-on?
I'm asking you this specifically only because of your "member" status (which may be meaningless).
If you got hit by a bus, this addon probably dies.
If better library management is incorporated into the base product, it will continue to be supported by the entire Kodi team.

Additionally, many people don't know what Add-ons exist - so having this work in the base product reaches more people.
I wouldn't be asking this about any add-on, but I feel that library management is pretty critical to the base product.

Thanks for you contributions and time!
.peace out.
When I activate this add-on, the new files that are added are OK, but no changes occur when I delete a folder or file. I'm running OpenElec 5.0.8, on RPi2. I checked out the options to update entire lib, just the files, etc, with no luck.

I'm missing something in config?
Cleaning out 'old' sources from watchdog..

I have multiple FTVs all on Kodi 15.2 and all with watchdog.. I have watchdog set up with 'auto' sources..

When Kodi starts watchdog appears and attempts to access every video source I have ever had. !! Despite me having removed those sources from the library, purged the library, and them not being current sources or even exisiting on my net any longer.. Over time and house moves, reconfiguring network setups from SMB to NFS, etc etc.. Theres many old sources that cause a long delay as it looks for them.

They are not current or installed sources..

Any way to flush that info out of the system ??
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4