• 48(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
Question to the developer:
Is it possible to trigger an update on "Watchdog" from another addon?

Why?
I wrote a small script which updates my Raspberry with movies from my ftp server. "Watchdog" should trigger the changes, but just to be sure I would like to force an update of the libraries after I finished the downloads.

Thanks for your great addon - love it!
I use Watchdog v0.9.7 with rpi2 and kodi 15.2 (skin Aeon MQ6)

When I rename files, i get two of them in library and watchdog don't erase the old one.

Do I forget something ?
Beelink GT King - CoreElec V9.2.7 - Kodi 18.9 - Skin Aeon MQ8 V2.9.0 Leia
Is this addon heavy on cpu usage? can it pick up Roms added via the internet archive launcher?
Have this running on android and windows, doesnt work.

But used to, just stopped and no idea why?

log: http://pastebin.com/Gr5N88uB

Seems to do something

19:18:10 T:1404 INFO: ffmpeg[57C]: Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'smb://192.168.1.11/Videos/TV Not Complete/The Last Kingdom/Season 1/The.Last.Kingdom-S01E08-Episode_8.mp4':

but then dies and there a lot more files than that one changed.

restarted and more logs - http://xbmclogs.com/p6wb5moe8

gets one update then nothing

19:33:55 T:5092 INFO: ffmpeg[13E4]: Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'smb://192.168.1.11/Videos/TV Not Complete/Doctor Who/Season 9/Doctor.Who.(2005)-S09E11-Heaven_Sent_(1).mp4':
Hi,
Is Watchdog currently supporting SMB sources? Installed, but library doesn't get updateted when new content arrives to my SMB share on the NAS.
Thanks.
(OpenElec 6, latest Watchdog)
Hi,

I have the issue that the Watchdog does not notice changes in all of my sources. I have quite a lot sources (around 15 sources for movies and TV shows) and it seems to me that only some of them get scanned. The sources are all SMB on different NAS. Any ideas?

Best, Soki
(2015-12-05, 00:05)dembala Wrote: Hi,
Is Watchdog currently supporting SMB sources? Installed, but library doesn't get updateted when new content arrives to my SMB share on the NAS.
Thanks.
(OpenElec 6, latest Watchdog)

Same issue...new install on an Intel NUC with SMB share...doesnt seem to know where the share is and wont let you manually select it in the options.
takoi:

Hi,
I am interested in re-using the code that you have worked on from the original watchdog and pathtools releases that appears in your lib folder in my callbacks addon.
I understand there are no issues from a licensing point of view, and will provide credit where it is due.
However, I did want to ask before I did so out of respect for the work that you have put into it.

Thanks,
Ken
I just recently installed WatchDog and I was hoping someone could tell me whether or not it's actually hitting the hard drives of my share every time it polls. I've seen some conflicting information about this, some regarding local libraries, some remote using Samba (as I am). A lot of that is from very old posts, too.

Kodi client is running OpenElec. Media exists on remote Samba share. WatchDog is set to polling mode, every 60 seconds. Is there a cache it accesses or is it physically spinning up the drives in that array every 60 seconds to check for new files?
When Poll Recursively is enabled in, kodi 16 I always get an error when I Quit . This happens with Kodi installed on Nvidia Shield TV and iMac

Has Watchdog been Abandoned?
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
Just installed Watchdog from the repository and it is enabled. I upped the interval a bit because the default 4 secs is contantly bombarding my NAS with accesses (quite some cpu and network activity).
I can see it is working, because every 10 mins. the process 'smbd' starts to check the Samba share on my Synology. But the library is not updated ?!
Maybe some setting that I misinterpreted like the pop-up screen, is that waiting for an OK ?
I've had issues with watchdog waking up my TV via CEC, I had to disable CEC on the Pi just to stop that from happening. The more critical issue is watchdog wakes up my server every 16 minutes and 16 minutes on the dot. Checking the up time log evevry 16 minutes something triggers the server to wake up, I isolated everything and watchdog is the culprit.
When I have the library watchdog plug-in enabled Kodi causes a 100% CPU usage when running idle on the menu screen when playing a movie it drops to nearly 0%
with TheLibrary watchdog plug-in disabled CPU usage is near 0% both idle and playing files.

Is there a setting I need to change in watchdog?
I want to use watchdog for auto updating my library from Quasar, I set it to watch the Movie and the
Shows folder from Quasar, when I delete a file from this folder is works great, but when a file is placed
in one of this folders, it starts to read media info from my entire USB HDD.
In "Video -> Files" I set the hdd to exclude from library updates.

When starting the watchdog Service, it also shows "setting up: /MNT/"
I already found the problem,
I did not realize that Watchdog also scans the music library, I don't use KODI for music right now
so the only source for music is "Default location" and that is "/mnt/".

Code:
<music>
    <default pathversion="1"></default>
    <source>
        <name>Default location</name>
        <path pathversion="1">/mnt/</path>
        <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
    </source>
</music>

I commented out the <music> section in the sources.xml and disabled "exclude from library updates" on my
HDD, and now it works.

Code:
<!--
    <music>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
        <source>
            <name>Default location</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/mnt/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
    </music>
-->

I know I could also set another path for the music, but for know I used this solution.
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4