• 49(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
quick question. Is there any way to set watchdog to fire up artwork downloader when it finds new media? i think this would be really good as there is no option in artwork downloader to schedule it.
hello....
where can i set a pattern exclude ? i don't want to scan "_unpack" directory ......so is possible and where to set it ?

thank for your great module Wink
Why does watchdog not watch for pictures that are updated (added or removed)? I need slideshow to be able to display new images as i upload them. This does not seem to work. Does anyone have any solution for this?
Thanks for this useful addon. I would like to request a feature to send notifications through pushbullet when items are added to the library by watchdog, This would be great!

On another note I wanted to say that initially I had trouble with this addon monitoring network folders on my nas. I changed the polling interval to something really high, 1200 seconds to be exact. Ever since I did that I have had no problems with the addon. Hope this helps somebody that had the same problems as me.
Hi, this addon used to work fine for me, but recently it's not been working. I have it set to run on startup, and it works fine. But if I add or remove things while kodi is running, the library's don't update. Any ideas how I go about troubleshooting? In the log file, I see watchdog starting, and it says it is monitoring the correct folders. But then there isn't a single other entry from watchdog until I quite Kodi, when watchdog shows as shutting down.
This sadly does not work on Android. Sad
I installed it and done reboot of kodi and nothing.

Logs show python script for watchdog not finishing so it causes deadlock so kodi cant shut down cleanly.
(2016-06-27, 21:20)Nekromantik Wrote: This sadly does not work on Android. Sad
I installed it and done reboot of kodi and nothing.

Logs show python script for watchdog not finishing so it causes deadlock so kodi cant shut down cleanly.

I reported this issue to the developer a few months ago. I think he has abandoned it.
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
Has anyone found/created a viable alternative? The only other add-on close to this functionality that I could find was the library auto-updater that updates on a preset schedule... but I really prefer the way Watchdog worked.
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
Hey guys Smile

Could someone here please explain exactly how Watchdog is supposed to work?

I installed it on my Windows 10 PC running latest Kodi 17 RC2 build and nothing happened after adding the very first TV Show.

I had to force a Library update for the TV Show to appear.

How is Watchdog different then "XBMC Library Update" add on which does actually work.

Thanks
I got it working again on my htpc just by uninstalling Watchdog and reinstalling it. The only time it doesn't pick up new media now is if I add new items when Kodi isn't running, at which time I do have to run a library update manually for things to appear. Maybe your Kodi wasn't running at the time?
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
Except updating the library what else Watchdog addon is doing? Also, if i have Watchdog installed do i have to disable 'update library on startup' in kodi settings?
I can also confirm this isn't working while Kodi is running.. at least not on my FireTV 4k device. I'm using a network drive as well. Too bad as this seems like something Kodi should just have a built-in option to do anyway.
(2018-05-11, 18:29)jpage4500 Wrote: I can also confirm this isn't working while Kodi is running.. at least not on my FireTV 4k device. I'm using a network drive as well. Too bad as this seems like something Kodi should just have a built-in option to do anyway.
I requested this feature over a year ago, I never got a reply. watchdog works, unfortunately, it hogs the cpu.
Plex has this feature built-in but doesn't hog the cpu
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
Is there a way to set "Watchdog" to only check specific sources?
(2018-05-17, 17:00)netwurks Wrote: Is there a way to set "Watchdog" to only check specific sources?
I believe that adding the sources manually, rather than using "Auto Detect Sources", does that.

Also, how is anyone expecting Watchdog to work when Kodi isn't running? It's an addon for Kodi, not a completely separate thing. Lol.
If you're having 'trouble' because you're adding media to your sources while Kodi (and thus, obviously, Watchdog) isn't running, then just tick the preference for "Scan on startup", duh.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4