[RELEASE] Library watchdog

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
mrShpak Offline
quick question. Is there any way to set watchdog to fire up artwork downloader when it finds new media? i think this would be really good as there is no option in artwork downloader to schedule it.
find quote
telexxingou Offline
hello....
where can i set a pattern exclude ? i don't want to scan "_unpack" directory ......so is possible and where to set it ?

thank for your great module Wink
find quote
kxb3292 Offline
Why does watchdog not watch for pictures that are updated (added or removed)? I need slideshow to be able to display new images as i upload them. This does not seem to work. Does anyone have any solution for this?
find quote
sea3pea0 Offline
Thanks for this useful addon. I would like to request a feature to send notifications through pushbullet when items are added to the library by watchdog, This would be great!

On another note I wanted to say that initially I had trouble with this addon monitoring network folders on my nas. I changed the polling interval to something really high, 1200 seconds to be exact. Ever since I did that I have had no problems with the addon. Hope this helps somebody that had the same problems as me.
(This post was last modified: 2016-05-31 00:26 by sea3pea0.)
find quote
Restek99 Offline
Hi, this addon used to work fine for me, but recently it's not been working. I have it set to run on startup, and it works fine. But if I add or remove things while kodi is running, the library's don't update. Any ideas how I go about troubleshooting? In the log file, I see watchdog starting, and it says it is monitoring the correct folders. But then there isn't a single other entry from watchdog until I quite Kodi, when watchdog shows as shutting down.
find quote
Nekromantik Offline
This sadly does not work on Android. Sad
I installed it and done reboot of kodi and nothing.

Logs show python script for watchdog not finishing so it causes deadlock so kodi cant shut down cleanly.
find quote
Blurayx Offline
(2016-06-27 21:20)Nekromantik Wrote:  This sadly does not work on Android. Sad
I installed it and done reboot of kodi and nothing.

Logs show python script for watchdog not finishing so it causes deadlock so kodi cant shut down cleanly.

I reported this issue to the developer a few months ago. I think he has abandoned it.
(This post was last modified: 2016-07-31 18:24 by Blurayx.)
find quote