3 different builts
How about this case- SILVERSTONE Black Aluminum / Steel Lascala Series LC10B-E ATX Media Center / HTPC Case
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Looks good even though it's the same price as the grandia. At least in germany. So there would be a permanent cover in front of the Bluray drive?
(2012-04-17, 03:11)riptide Wrote: Looks good even though it's the same price as the grandia. At least in germany. So there would be a permanent cover in front of the Bluray drive?
I think that this one might be what you are looking for- SilverStone LC20-B Aluminum Front

If you don't want to see anything in front at all, you can go for this case instead- SilverStone LC13B-E Aluminum/Steel ATX Media Center/HTPC Case - Retail (Black)
If you want to save some money it may be worth to think about the CM PSU. I use the bequiet Straight Power CM 480W PSU in the GD04 case. After building it I thought it would have been ok without cable management. But of course I can't tell you how it will be withoutSmile.

If you want to use an optical drive you will at least need 2 SATA/HDD cables because HDD and drive are "far" away from each other. So the only cables I have left are 1 SATA/HDD cable and 2 PCIe cables. I guess there will be some room for these cables inside the case and you could save some more euros and get the cheaper pure power or a better straight power without cm. Just an idea. Again, I did not try it without cable management myself. Maybe somebody else can tell.
Thanks for your recomendations.the Optimal case would be one where the bluray cover opens when the bluray drive opens and closes when the bluray drive closes.but maybe i want too much
(2012-04-19, 17:31)riptide Wrote: Thanks for your recomendations.the Optimal case would be one where the bluray cover opens when the bluray drive opens and closes when the bluray drive closes.but maybe i want too much
This one- SilverStone LC13B-E Aluminum/Steel ATX Media Center/HTPC Case - Retail (Black)

Okay. So finally I placed my order.

Already got the Silverstone GD 05 and 8gb of Crucial Ballistix Sport both were special offers so I couldn't resist. Final built looks like this:
Case:SILVERSTONE Black Aluminum / 0.8mm SECC Grandia Series GD05B
RAM: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB)
HDD: SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB
PSU: Bequiet Straight Power E9 400W
Board: ASRock H77 Pro4-M
CPU: Intel Core i3-2125
Bluray Drive: LiteOn iHOS104

Will try this first and check if I notice the 24p bug. Hope I won't Big Grin
Thanks again for your help.
(2012-05-14, 01:33)riptide Wrote: Okay. So finally I placed my order.

Already got the Silverstone GD 05 and 8gb of Crucial Ballistix Sport both were special offers so I couldn't resist. Final built looks like this:
Case:SILVERSTONE Black Aluminum / 0.8mm SECC Grandia Series GD05B
RAM: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB)
HDD: SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB
PSU: Bequiet Straight Power E9 400W
Board: ASRock H77 Pro4-M
CPU: Intel Core i3-2125
Bluray Drive: LiteOn iHOS104

Will try this first and check if I notice the 24p bug. Hope I won't Big Grin
Thanks again for your help.
Make sure to do these-

1. Install the latest Intel driver- Check your system for the latest updates
2. Install- Intel Management Engine Interface Driver]Intel Magagement Engine Interface Driver
3. Disable DXVA2 and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
4. Disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output
5. Turn off UAC "Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 7".

Ok so far everything runs smooth. But even in this pretty big case there is not much room. The cable management right now looks like just pressing everything where there is room without getting contact to the fans. It does not look pretty Big Grin And I have no clue where to put an extra gpu. But so far it isn't necessary

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3 different builts0