XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error
i too was getting this error, happened about 5 times, but somehow it cured itself, i didn't do any uninstalling etc, only thing i remember is the national geo plugin in being disabled, as for the computer itself, not sure, maybe its cos i used the cleaner from ccleaner.com, and it deleted a rogue file??
But yeah, it was bloody annoying!
Sorry can't be anymore help...
I had mentioned that I was having this error a few days ago. But since then I have been unable to reproduce it. The only change I made was to turn debug logging on. Oh well. I have this same thing happen to me when I take my car to the mechanic. Thanks for all the help.
Hmm. Turning on debug logging also fixes XBMC crashing when seeking quickly through a video. This is quite curious.
actually I can reproduce this with or without debugging... I read through the other post re the crashes being fixed by turning debugging on but this loadlibrary error is not being fixed by anything at present. Dont get me wrong when NOT Minimised to taskbar xbmc is working perfectly without any issuess. its ONLY when I am minimising it to the taskbar thats when this error pops up and xbmc stops responding & crashes.
The same error happened a few months back and after couple of re installations and re scanning the whole library database it did go away and I did not look into this at that time. But now this is persisting. I have reinstalled from fresh, re scanned all my libraries from scratch and built up ( and again minimal addons now) my addons one by one but this is persisting. I do not wish to go through any further rescanning of my libraries as you can understand its PITA.
I continue to use xbmc but without minimising and if I do get anyone to help & resolve this it will be great .
@shaktoo
Can you list the Add-Ons you have installed? I can try to setup my DEV PC to have the same and minimize it to see what happens. Right now I can minimize it and leave it for hours with no issues. I did see a bunch of JSONRPC: calls before the log ended. Any idea what was happening at that point?
13:25:03 T:5872 ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()
13:25:03 T:5872 ERROR: Previous line repeats 10 times.
13:25:03 T:5872 ERROR: CApplication::FrameMove(), too many exceptions
this is the consistent thing in my logs and all the others that i have read as well
As regards Addons: I have Artworkdownloader,Artwork organiser, Advanced Launcher , Live TV. Pakee, Passion repo, cdartmanager,youtube,the trailers,cinema experience,metadata actors, moviesets,quicksync,randomandlastitems, tvtunes,watchlist,tvshow next aired,intromovie, libraryautoupdate, supertv
the problem isn't the dll. The problem are the exceptions which trigger writing a dumpfile. Latter needs dbghelp.dll as it seems. The dll is included on all supported windows platforms so dunno why you get the errors. What is the exact error message and does it include an error code?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
the exact error message is the title of the thread ;" LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL error with an id 8", except for the C:application Framemove error & too many eceptions there dosent seem to be anything else which is triggering this
I'm also having the same issue, and the debugging level has no effect on it (as one would expect).

new debug log: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22004832/xbmc.old.log
old debug log: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22004832/crash.xbmc.log
crash dump (I think it was produced at the same time as the old debug log, but it's the only non-zero filesize dump I have): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22004832/xbmc_cr...205316.dmp
-edit-
here's the windows event viewer log too: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22004832/xbmc_crash.evtx
-/edit-

Here's the dir /b /ad output of my two addons folders (program files & appdata), I thought it would be the easiest way to get a comprehensive addon list (if I've overlooked another location, let me know and I'll add it):
Quote:metadata.artists.allmusic.com
metadata.common.allmusic.com
metadata.common.hdtrailers.net
metadata.common.imdb.com
metadata.common.impa.com
metadata.common.movieposterdb.com
metadata.common.themoviedb.org
metadata.common.youtubetrailers
metadata.imdb.com
metadata.themoviedb.org
metadata.tvdb.com
metadata.yahoomusic.com
packages
plugin.audio.groove
plugin.audio.shoutcastradio
plugin.program.mceremote
plugin.program.piratebay
plugin.program.repo.installer
plugin.program.utorrent
plugin.video.abc_iview
plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite
plugin.video.catchuptv.au.sbs
plugin.video.catchuptv.au.ten
plugin.video.cnn.video
plugin.video.foodnetwork
plugin.video.fox.news
plugin.video.fpt
plugin.video.khanacademy
plugin.video.kidswb
plugin.video.live.au.abc_news24
plugin.video.mtvshows
plugin.video.musicvideojukebox
plugin.video.nickelodeon
plugin.video.pbs
plugin.video.plus7
plugin.video.sesame.street
plugin.video.ted.talks
plugin.video.theguild
plugin.video.theonly
plugin.video.tivion
plugin.video.topdoc
plugin.video.youtube
repository.divingmule.addons
repository.googlecode.dandar3-xbmc-addons
repository.googlecode.izexbmcaddons
repository.googlecode.sparetime
repository.googlecode.xbmc-addons
repository.luxeria
repository.passion.xbmc.org
repository.queeup
repository.t0mm0
repository.unofficial.addons
repository.xbmcnerds
script.apple.movie.trailers
script.audio.grooveshark
script.cdart
script.common.plugin.cache
script.favourites
script.game.arkanoid
script.logo-downloader
script.module.beautifulsoup
script.module.elementtree
script.module.parsedom
script.module.simple.downloader
script.module.simplejson
script.module.xbmcswift
script.playlists
script.randomitems
script.recentlyadded
script.rss.editor
script.tv.show.next.aired
script.twitXBMC
script.watchlist
script.web.viewer
skin.aeon.nox
weather.google
weather.weatherplus
Webinterface.AWX-Eden-0.4.3
webinterface.wtouch

library.xbmc.addon
library.xbmc.gui
metadata.albums.allmusic.com
metadata.artists.allmusic.com
metadata.common.allmusic.com
metadata.common.hdtrailers.net
metadata.common.htbackdrops.com
metadata.common.imdb.com
metadata.common.last.fm
metadata.common.themoviedb.org
metadata.mtv.com
metadata.themoviedb.org
metadata.tvdb.com
metadata.yahoomusic.com
music
repository.googlecode.xbmc-catchuptv-au
repository.xbmc.org
screensaver.rsxs.euphoria
screensaver.rsxs.plasma
screensaver.xbmc.builtin.black
screensaver.xbmc.builtin.dim
screensaver.xbmc.builtin.slideshow
script.module.pil
script.module.pysqlite
script.module.simplejson
script.recentlyadded
script.rss.editor
skin.confluence
skin.touched
visualization.dxspectrum
visualization.glspectrum
visualization.itunes
visualization.milkdrop
visualization.projectm
visualization.waveform
weather.wunderground
weather.xbmc.builtin
webinterface.default
xbmc.addon
xbmc.core
xbmc.gui
xbmc.json
xbmc.metadata
xbmc.python

It has just crashed again in the background while it has been minimized while I wrote this post. It isn't always that quick though.
lossanarch .. sorry to hear that you're in the same boat..
'sall good shaktoo, the more the merrier with these kinds of things really Wink hopefully we can get to the bottom of it!
(2012-04-21, 11:38)shaktoo Wrote: the exact error message is the title of the thread ;" LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL error with an id 8", except for the C:application Framemove error & too many eceptions there dosent seem to be anything else which is triggering this

Thats what M$ says to id 8 error: ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY. Not enough storage is available to process this command. Don't ask me what that means for your setup Wink

If there're some people who like experiments, please try the "latest" nightly and how it behaves: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/
Don't forget to make a backup of your userdata before.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tried it with the nightly but still produced the error .. heres the debug
http://pastebin.com/nGR1CHZM
I guess I have solved this puzzle ! As Wiso duly pointed out the error id meant not enough memory... I checked for memory leak issuess and sure enough there has been similar episodes accounted as memory leaks..I opened the task manager.. noticing the memory.. sure enough xbmc was lapping up memory ... so what i did was disable the background animations and panel effects and Voila more then 12 hours in minimised state and no crash/ error .. xbmc is still eating lot of memory in background but has not crashed...
so everyone having this issue just check if you have panel & background animations enabled and whether that is the cause of memory leaks causing this.
Ahh interesting, I *do* have panel and background animations switched on. I'll switch them off for now and see if that fixes it. I am quite fond of them however, so if somebody could track that leak down and plug it I'd be much obliged. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error0