amd Llano A8 mini itx build Advice please
Cpu - AMD Llano A8-3870K Socket FM1 Quad Core
motherboard - Asus F1A75-deluxe
Memory - 2 X 4 Gig corsair Vengeance ddr3
Case - Wesena Mini ITX7-2 Case
hard drive - WD Caviar Green 3 TB
32 gig ssd drive

Above is my proposed build for htpc, but i need expert advice to determine if the cpu would run too hot for the case which i am currently smitten with, i've wanted an mini itx htpc since they first came out also what psu should i go with i would like a silent solution if possible and have been looking at the pico psu but in all honesty dont understand them.
Also i think im going to need a small silent cooler to replace the stock amd one is there anything i could fit in this case along with my other bits or am i dreaming!!
Please dont recommend alternative cpu's as i have the llano sitting on a shelf already and could only return it if i take a 20% hit on stocking fee.
Thank you Smile
The system you describe is almost exactly what I am planning, except I have the ITX-7 case with 150w pico PSU sitting on the shelf. Still not sure if the PSU will be sufficient to power the a8-3870 CPU, so I'm waiting to see if you get any replies.
As an alternative I will go with the A6-3500 described in another thread on this forum that used the ITX-7 case.
Hope you get a reply soon. Being able to use the A8 would be awesome.
bump

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
amd Llano A8 mini itx build Advice please0