Win My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden
I dont think the forced pgs subtitle work like that, and your input is much appreciated you know more then i do about this regarding audio. But i never noticed it regarding the forced subtitles.

For forced pgs subtitle stream I have not noticed it auto detect the proper stream itself, at least i dont think it does, i think you have to manually select which stream is forced and set it at that, and then it will pick out the forced subs. Maybe it does select english subs, but i have not noticed it detect and set the english forced flag track automatically compared to english director commentary subtitle, SDH english subtitle, ect... but maybe im wrong here?

For xbmc previously i know to auto detect and flag it as forced you had to flag it manually in mkvmerge. Then xbmc will automatically notice the flag and select that subtitle. But you need that extra manual step as far as i can tell.

I was thinking a solution could be if you setup an english version of xbmc, and maybe you could have auto detect forced subtitle toggle button you could turn on, and the system can then auto select english forced PGS subtitle stream when it notices the forced flag, now that we can detect the flag with the above fix. Just like MPC-HC lav filters seems to. My other concern is and reason i dont think it auto detects it, is if the subtitle stream would ever get changed by accident,if you go back in and reboot or restart the movie, it stays on whatever stream you last selected, so I dont think its auto detecting the forced stream itself. It would also be nice if xbmc could also add some sort of indication that xbmc has selected this track as having forced subtitle. Perhaps xbmc could add a term such as (force flag detected) to the file it auto detects so you at least know if you or your wife or child accidentally hits something during a movie and it switches the track, which english track is the forced one or the one xbmc notices as forced. That way it would be easily identifiable which stream xbmc believes has forced subtitles. Lav MPC-HC makes this quite clear with a forced subtitle label it generates...

So basically xbmc could not only auto detect and set a subtitle file if it notices a forced flag, but also add a label or comment to it, so the user knows xbmc flagged it as forced as well.

I was also wondering if you could even go one step further, in eac3to gui for a few discs with forced subtitles on a separate track that do not have a forced flag, but the entire track is completely separate, it has a setting "if subtitle file is (insert value) smaller then other caption files, assume its a forced subtitle file. I have never had it really fail me. And that would also help with auto detecting forced subtitle files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden2