• 28(current)
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script)
Thanks jj. I'm currently (slowly as work is busy) working on a maint. release to catchup with all the xbmc changes and fixing some broken datasources (eg. tvnu).
It will include the updated RT list and logos.

I you think your datasource is broken, please let me know (PM or mail) and I'll try and fix it.

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Hum.. .ive had a quick scan of the data source and cant see anything wrong with the info its getting... (Ive pm'd the channel dat file).

Can you let me know how to switch the debug on so that i can log the http request its sending.. coz if thats fine.. its the server softwares issue..Confused
Note to self.. make sure format is consistant:

LCN codes in nebula plugin shuld be as follows:

'FILM4':'031',
'FILM 4':'031',

put 'FILMFOUR':'031' as a general catch all as well in case, as name does seem to differe depending on where you look !.

Thsi BTW - fixes all the issues with setting recordings on film4 - cheers BBB
just a couple of thoughts on possible additions to the script which maybe reasonable (hoping you have time etc... I may have a play around myself as well...)

- context sensitive menu's for deleting scheduled recordings - not sure if possible (if programe is currently highlighted is set to record, 2nd option in main menu is to remove timer...)
- removing excess keypresses, eg. after setting a recording having to press a button to exit the menu seems like it could be removed

and one i've just found out about...

- instead of setting recording - 2nd option to set a reminder using the XBMC.AlarmClock(name,command,time) function. I dont know much about it - and the manual doesnt say much, but could be interesting eg. watching a movie and a pop up appeard / dialog box - XXX prog name has started on channel XXX. Dont know how far this could go - but if watching a video - could set a bookmark to help resume watching when you've finished....

ps.. have you thought about seeing if the devs are interested in translating this scipt so that its an integral part of xbmc, with the source filters / tv plugins as addins which can be easily updated - eg. imdb parser ?. Just wondering !
Lightbulb 
You my guess that I've had a quiet weekend this one and that my brain is working overload... if these could be incorporated into the next release that would be great...

I'd like to incorporate a shutdown in the digitv plugin & submenu which unfortunatley is now a bit beyond me.. tried butchering the plugin - but its layout and level is above me...

Rename plugin to 'Manage DigiTV' and add the following options in the menu after view/delete timers and recordings..

Shutdown host Server - would call: http://87.81.181.6:2880/status.htm?Power=133 - possibly needs a confirm dialog though !!

Big Grin

In delete files - is it possible for the plugin to re-poll the server for a filelisting between deleting multiple files ?, ive noticed that sometimes files are not deleted, and I guess its because their file listing ID's are not updated when you are still withing the delete files submenu display ? - hope this makes sense ?

Rolleyes as always, cheers for a great script - and you're openess to new ideas and stuff Big Grin
Some good ideas there JJ. I'll modify the nebula stuff to try out some of your ideas then send a test onto you.
Retired from Add-on dev
Ok - been a (not so) busy boy...

I've added xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.ReplaceWindow(0)') to the very evry end of the core script - this helps if people are wanting to return to the home screen after running the script (from another screen eg. scripts page).

Not sure how useful it is to people - but if you are using the MC360 skin - it lets you (with other bits of fiddling) to have the same animation that is used when the trailers screen opens for myTV
---
JJ
Hi bbb,

First off, thanks for an excellent script, great work Wink So much so that it inspired me to get off my a*s amd write a datasource for Irish TV channels, scraped from http://www.entertainment.ie. I can send you the source if you're interested, there's a couple of outstanding issues with it (but it's good enough for my purposes!)

Once again, great script!
excellent, yes please send me it (to my gmail). I'll include it in next release. thanks
Retired from Add-on dev
done deal!
tweaked to get 7-days of listings. DataSource_Ireland into next release. thanks for making the effort.
Retired from Add-on dev
BBB, have you seen this?

http://www.xbmc.xbox-scene.com/forum/sho...hp?t=21315

I'm no coder but by the sounds of it that could offer you some serious advantages in terms of skinning, whats your take on it?
Hi bbb,

Just checked your updates & all's working fine - 7 days listing whoo!

Thanks for your help with the script, I'll grab the channel gif's and send them to you if that's okay?

Colm.
Hello every1, Im very new to all this.What exactly do i need for this to work.I have a modded xbox(softmod)with XBMC as an app.I have a Winfast TV200 Expert TV card.I can FTP to my XBox and I can get ccxstream to send my music and videos to the Box.I really need a bit of help on this.Iv looked everywhere but I cant seem to find any guides for the TOTAL begginer.Oo
Download/install using the XBMCScripts installer script.

It will unpack and install.

On first run it will ask you for your DataSource that is best for you (ie Radiotimes for UK - Zap2it for US)

Then the SaveProgramme module (a supported TV card) - Is that a Hauppauge tv card you have ?

It will then download tv listings as it needs.

Theres a MainMenu accessed from the white button (and a Config Menu option from there) - so you can tweak allsorts of things.

thats it.
BBB

PS. v1.14 very close to being released. hopefully this week.
Retired from Add-on dev
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script)1