Win @ Margro = Media Portal - Tsreader channel switch
Hi,

i've been using ForTheRecord as a backend for a while now, but i decided to give media portal a go again after i upgraded to Eden stable build.
I noticed in the TS reader add-on there is an option to "switch channel without stopping timeshift" When i use this, channels change lightning fast... However, it's not working correctly. sometimes (more frequantly than less) it doesn't switch channels at all.... If i select another channel, XBMC will act as if it's changing channels but the same channel will be displayed but 'rewound' to the start of the timeshift buffer.Hope this makes sense.

As this option is not set to 'on' by default, i'm assuming it's experimental and not perfectly working yet anyways.
but just thought i'd bring it to your attention if you are not aware already.

cheers,
Loggio.
Correct. This option is by default off because it is not 100% functional. It fails on SD<->HD switching and on changes in the streams amount.
It works for me on SD<->SD switches.
The problem is that the addon should know the correct starting position inside the timeshift buffer after a backend channel switch. Right now, I'm just going to the end of the file but that's not failsafe. I have to check the contents of the stream for a channel switch. I'm currently porting the missing piece from the MediaPortal code to my addon.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
@ Margro = Media Portal - Tsreader channel switch0