First time user
Hello.

I have never used the XMBC media server before but i´m thinking about buying a Shuttle XMC and i was wandering if i am going to be able to stream 1080p with it and if you could give me a comment on this setup. The Shuttle XPC is exectly like the following one: http://us.shuttle.com/barebone/Models/XS35GT.html - I would stream all my video files from my other pc to this Shuttle XPC which would be in my living room connected to the TV. Can this system play XBMC and play 1080p files? I was thinking about using windows 7 operating system if it makes any difference.

Thank you.
(2012-04-16, 11:44)DonJon Wrote: Hello.

I would stream all my video files from my other pc to this Shuttle XPC which would be in my living room connected to the TV. Can this system play XBMC and play 1080p files? I was thinking about using windows 7 operating system if it makes any difference.

Thank you.

You don't say how you would be "Streaming" these files. Would this be a wireless connection or wired gigabyte connection? If you try going wireless, I doubt you would be able to do 1080p material. With a wired connection, you should be able to do that as there are many who do.

Mark
Thank you for the answer.

I would be streaming those files with a wired connection. But i am in doubt if the hardware in the Shuttle is good enough to play XBMC and full HD files without problems or not?
The linked computer has a D510 Atom CPU. My HTPC has a D525 integrated Atom CPU (i belive the d510 comes with the same integrated intel vga in the cpu as d525), and i have to tell, it is kinda weak. It is enough for me (i watch HD stuff rarely), but when i watch 720p or 1080p, it keeps dropping frames. Avatar in 1080p seems like 2-3 frames would be missing from each seconds. The intro of Boardwalk Empire in 720p (the part when the bottles are coming out from the ocean) is a real pain, it plays with about 2-3 FPS (the rest is fine, where the bitrate drops significantly). I know that the bitrate counts maybe more than the resolution certainly, just wanted to show that the CPU is not really enough for HD material.

Just for the whole picture, my config is:
Intel D525MW motherboard (reference motherboard by intel, with integrated D525 [email protected] GHz, dual core + Hyper threading, so two phisychal + two virtual cores)
VGA integrated into CPU (Intel dunno, solitaire runs fine)
2 GB DDR3 RAM
2 TB Seagate HDD, direcly in the htpc, not via network
WinXP 32 bit (to make sure it will not use much resources)

So long story short: problems might arise.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First time user0