Bluetooth pairing and such
Hi guys, I use a PS3 remote for XBMC on my PC. I am getting an actual PS3 next week. Couple of questions:

My remote wont auto pair with the ps3 will it? and if it does will it unpair with the PC?

If it doesn't auto pair; if I buy another ps3 remote to use on the ps3 (blu ray playback isn't 100% speedy on my asrock 330BD for some reason) will that use a different pairing code than the one I use for XBMC so I can use both without conflicts?

I know IR remotes cause conflicts (the remote that came with the PC won't power on the PC when the Xbox 360 is plugged in!) but they are different technologies.

I don't use the MCE remote that came with it because it's cheap and nasty. And because the IR sensor is non standard, I can't just use a microsoft remote. Plus most of those remotes are cheap and nasty, and the decent ones are WAY over priced. I like the PS3 remote, has lots of buttons for my needs and I can fully customize it without messing with reg hacks and whatnot. This is just for info in case anyone was wondering, not really here to ask about alternative remote solutions.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
No one knows about this at all? no uber geeks that are in the know?
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
AFAIK when you pair PS3 controllers with computers, you have to physically reconnect the controller to a PS3 to use it with the console. I think it's something to do with the pairing process. The same is also true in reverse I think, it isn't as simple as just turning on the controller and pairing it. At least thats how it is with my macbook pro.
HTPC: AMD A6-3500, 4GB RAM, OCZ Agility 3 90GB SSD, 2 1TB Hard Drives in RAID 0, nVidia GeForce 8400GS (soon to be replaced), Logitech Wireless Mouse and Keyboard, XBMC Eden 11.0
LAPTOP: Apple Macbook Pro 15, Late 2011 Model, 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon HD 6750M & Intel HD 3000, 8GB RAM, OCZ Vertex 2 240GB SSD, XBMC Eden 11.0
iPhone 4S 16GB with iTunes Match
Ok thank you for the info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluetooth pairing and such0