• 4(current)
[RELEASE] XBMCFlix-o-mate
(2012-04-28, 18:15)hoopz Wrote: I'm having some kind of difficulties with this addon. I have not yet binded anything to Eventghost since the keyboard shortcuts aren't working right now.
Only thing that does work is the pause ja exit (Q and space). And even they won't work unless I click to the browser screen first. Auto fullscreen doesn't work, neither does the fullscreen shortcut. I tried the debug version but it didn't show any problems, atleast anything I could notice.

I followed the instructions carefully, tried both x64 and x86 .exes, tried installing Autoit with 64bit libraries and 32bit libraries, with no success or changes whatsoever.

Hope you will find some workaround on this, I'm really looking forward for this addon.

I'm using Win7 64bit with xbmc 11.0 eden.

Why don't you actually send the full output of the debug log screen along with what specifically you are trying?
What resolution are you running at?
.peace out.
(2012-04-28, 18:48)bengalih Wrote: Why don't you actually send the full output of the debug log screen along with what specifically you are trying?

Sorry, Here's the debug log. I just noticed that the pause command works because silverlight has pause on space natively, C+A+S+Space doesn't work either, C+A+S+Q still works thought.

I would love if the pause, Q and fullscreen would work, and optionally subtitles.

I'm running extended desktop, tv as my second screen at 1920x1080 resolution.

Edit :
I took a closer look on that debug log and noticed that it may be a problem with my Java, so I fully reinstalled x86 Java and now it doesn't give any errors. But it still doesn't work in extended screen mode, it doesn't find the netflix logo. I tried putting my TV as the only monitor and then everything works fine, except if I put it on fullscreen mode, I can't get back to normal mode and then subtitles won't work either. But that isn't a major problem, is there any way to get it to work with extended monitor, I'd like to still have my main monitor open without a hassle?
(2012-04-29, 11:20)hoopz Wrote:
(2012-04-28, 18:48)bengalih Wrote: Why don't you actually send the full output of the debug log screen along with what specifically you are trying?

Sorry, Here's the debug log. I just noticed that the pause command works because silverlight has pause on space natively, C+A+S+Space doesn't work either, C+A+S+Q still works thought.

I would love if the pause, Q and fullscreen would work, and optionally subtitles.

I'm running extended desktop, tv as my second screen at 1920x1080 resolution.

Edit :
I took a closer look on that debug log and noticed that it may be a problem with my Java, so I fully reinstalled x86 Java and now it doesn't give any errors. But it still doesn't work in extended screen mode, it doesn't find the netflix logo. I tried putting my TV as the only monitor and then everything works fine, except if I put it on fullscreen mode, I can't get back to normal mode and then subtitles won't work either. But that isn't a major problem, is there any way to get it to work with extended monitor, I'd like to still have my main monitor open without a hassle?

At this point in time it probably won't work with an extended monitor. I designed it for standard usage, which was single monitor monitor mode. There is hope of multi-monitor support, as I believe Sikuli supports it...but the documentation is a bit sparse and I have no multi-monitor setup to test.

In any event, I would be more concerned that even in single monitor mode you state things don't work. This may be related to the same issues kevev above is having and I would definitely want to test these first prior to trying to add multi-monitor.

So, can you confirm exactly which of XBMCFlix-o-mate's hotkeys (the CTRL+ALT+SHIFT ones) work in your single monitor mode when you are not in fullscreen, and when you are?

I actually didn't test this last release on my 1920 display. I am going to finish adding some more debug info into the next release, fully restest and then post it. If you can provide any more results before then I might be able to either fix the issue or better target the debug info.
.peace out.
(2012-04-29, 17:37)bengalih Wrote: At this point in time it probably won't work with an extended monitor. I designed it for standard usage, which was single monitor monitor mode. There is hope of multi-monitor support, as I believe Sikuli supports it...but the documentation is a bit sparse and I have no multi-monitor setup to test.

In any event, I would be more concerned that even in single monitor mode you state things don't work. This may be related to the same issues kevev above is having and I would definitely want to test these first prior to trying to add multi-monitor.

So, can you confirm exactly which of XBMCFlix-o-mate's hotkeys (the CTRL+ALT+SHIFT ones) work in your single monitor mode when you are not in fullscreen, and when you are?

I actually didn't test this last release on my 1920 display. I am going to finish adding some more debug info into the next release, fully restest and then post it. If you can provide any more results before then I might be able to either fix the issue or better target the debug info.

I did some further testing and the problems I had earlier had mysteriously disappeared, only thing that doesn't work is the automatic fullscreen. I don't know what I did this time but I'm gonna keep investigating, hopefully it was just a one-time bug or something else acting up. The automatic fullscreen isn't a problem at all since the hotkeys work.
Debug mode doesn't give any errors for the auto fullscreen failing, just:
debug: loading movie
debug: loaded movie
debug: full screen action!

Thanks for all your patience and work on this, awesome job!
(2012-04-30, 01:09)hoopz Wrote: I did some further testing and the problems I had earlier had mysteriously disappeared, only thing that doesn't work is the automatic fullscreen. I don't know what I did this time but I'm gonna keep investigating, hopefully it was just a one-time bug or something else acting up. The automatic fullscreen isn't a problem at all since the hotkeys work.
Debug mode doesn't give any errors for the auto fullscreen failing, just:
debug: loading movie
debug: loaded movie
debug: full screen action!

Thanks for all your patience and work on this, awesome job!

Sounds good...I'll hopefully be posting a new version later tonight. It may fix the auto full-screen issue...at the least it will give us some more debug info.

And, just for clarification, is it working for you in multi-monitor mode or just single? I'd be surprised if it worked for the former.
.peace out.
(2012-04-30, 01:19)bengalih Wrote: Sounds good...I'll hopefully be posting a new version later tonight. It may fix the auto full-screen issue...at the least it will give us some more debug info.

And, just for clarification, is it working for you in multi-monitor mode or just single? I'd be surprised if it worked for the former.

Just single, I have just been testing it few times in single mode. In multi-monitor mode only thing that works is the Q and X hotkeys.. For some reason it doesn't see the IE in my 2nd monitor, it understands that IE is launching though.
(2012-04-30, 01:33)hoopz Wrote: Just single, I have just been testing it few times in single mode. In multi-monitor mode only thing that works is the Q and X hotkeys.. For some reason it doesn't see the IE in my 2nd monitor, it understands that IE is launching though.

Ok...that makes perfect sense...Q and X are independent of any screen action...so they would still work. I will work on multi-monitor support as the next feature. I'm on vacation most of next week - but when I come back I think I have a spare monitor I can throw on my laptop and see if I can experiment with getting it going.
.peace out.
(2012-04-26, 17:01)bengalih Wrote: Can you give me a clear confirmation of whether or not the CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+N and +B keys work for you?
Do they advance/go back an episode?
Do they automatically bring your new episode full screen?
Do they work whether or not you were in full-screen to begin with or not?
Do they work from both XBMC and stand-alone IE?

To answer the above you will need to do at least 8 tests. For each hotkey:
via XBMC with your video in Full Screen
ctrl+alt+shift+n = No fullscreen but goes next

ctrl+alt+shift+b = No fullscreen but goes back

(2012-04-26, 17:01)bengalih Wrote: via XBMC with your video in non Full Screen

(2012-04-26, 17:01)bengalih Wrote: via IE with your video in Full Screen

(2012-04-26, 17:01)bengalih Wrote: via IE with your video in non Full Screen

(2012-04-26, 17:01)bengalih Wrote: Technically if you just test for one of the hotkeys, I suspect the other will work - however the N hotkey is a bit more complex in its logic,

(2012-04-26, 17:01)bengalih Wrote: That output looks pretty good...though I realized I have a small error in my debug output in this routine that is causing me to not gather all the info.
The fact that you are getting the "loading movie" and "loaded movie" means for sure that the script is detecting the Netflix logo and its disappearance.
Unfortunately the "full screen action" is where the bug is at and I can't be 100% sure what is happening yet.

Other questions in addition to the above tests:

1) What resolution do you run at?

1024x768

(2012-04-26, 17:01)bengalih Wrote: 2) What browser do you use in the playercorefactory.xml for XBMCFlicks? It should be IE if you never made changes.
[\quote]

I use IE

[quote='bengalih' pid='1087398' dateline='1335452505']
3) Do you have other add-ons? Would it be possible to test by disabling them? (easiest way is to move all other plugins other than XBMCFlicks out of your C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons directory). I don't think this could be the reason, but it is worth a shot.

Same issue after removing all addons. It is weird that I can do ctrl+alt+shift+f to switch between fullscreen and non-fullscreen. Maybe the new debug version will show more info.
(2012-04-30, 06:23)kevev Wrote: Same issue after removing all addons. It is weird that I can do ctrl+alt+shift+f to switch between fullscreen and non-fullscreen. Maybe the new debug version will show more info.

Yes...does seem strange. One thing to watch out for is that when hitting the hotkeys, sometimes it is easy to press/depress them in such a way that th ALT key triggers the menu bar in IE causing the screen to jump a bit and things to go out of whack and miss detection. But with the amount of testing it sounds like you've done that probably isn't it.

I didn't really worry too much about that problem since it would only happen with human fingers and not some app sending the hotkeys.

I do hope to have the next version out tomorrow and hopefully it either fixes the issue or the debug allows us some more insight.

BTW - did you ever list what resolution you are at?
.peace out.
1024x768
got the next version ready...leaving on vacation tomorrow and just didn't have the time to finish packing it up and updating the docs. Hope to have it up tomorrow, but as I will be out of town...no later than this weekend for sure.

.peace out.
Ok...v.1.4b is up...

Please read docs for updates and debug info, etc.
.peace out.
I am really trying to get NetFlix to work seamlessly in XBMC, with the MCE Remote commands, so it stays consistent and it does not require additional buttons to be programmed just for XBMCFlix.

So, first I opened the XBMCFlix-o-mate file and changed the entry for myExitNetFlixKey to correspond to the MCE Remote standard shortcut, which is CTRL+SHIFT+S.

My entry looks like this:

Settings.myExitNetFlixKey = <span class="str">"S"</span>
Settings.myExitNetFlixKeyModifier = KeyModifier.SHIFT+KeyModifier.CTRL

Second, I opened the XBMCFlix-o-mate AutoIt script and removed the ^ before the arrow functions, so that now it looks like this:

;Send FF command to Netflix
Func netFlixFF()
Send("{RIGHT}")
EndFunc

;Send Rewind command to Netflix
Func netFlixRewind()
Send("{LEFT}")
EndFunc

When I fired up XBMC and started playing a movie in XBMCFlix, the screen goes to Full (so XBMCFlix-o-mate is working), but neither the Stop (CTRL+SHIFT+S) command I entered works, nor the Left/Right arrows. I tried both from the remote and from the keyboard.

But I can exit from IE by pressing CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+Q, which should have been changed to be CTRL+SHIFT+S.

What am I doing wrong?
(2012-05-06, 03:14)Zellig Wrote: I am really trying to get NetFlix to work seamlessly in XBMC, with the MCE Remote commands, so it stays consistent and it does not require additional buttons to be programmed just for XBMCFlix.

Sorry...doesn't work that way. XBMC can read remote MCE remote codes.... but neither Netflix, not XBMC Flicks, nor XBMCFlix-o-mate are part of XBMC. In fact, that's the whole reason you need XBMCFlix-o-mate....if XBMC could pass all of its remote control capability to any application you wanted, then I wouldn't have needed to develop XBMCFlix-o-mate. What you are trying to do is basically equivalent of saying that you use want XBMC to start Solitaire and then use your remote to control Solitaire...it doesn't work that way.

(2012-05-06, 03:14)Zellig Wrote: So, first I opened the XBMCFlix-o-mate file and changed the entry for myExitNetFlixKey to correspond to the MCE Remote standard shortcut, which is CTRL+SHIFT+S.

My entry looks like this:

Settings.myExitNetFlixKey = <span class="str">"S"</span>

I'll assume you have a typo above as that whole "<span class>" stuff shouldn't be there. Apart from that, what you did would be correct in changing the hotkey...but keep reading...

(2012-05-06, 03:14)Zellig Wrote: Second, I opened the XBMCFlix-o-mate AutoIt script and removed the ^ before the arrow functions, so that now it looks like this:

;Send FF command to Netflix
Func netFlixFF()
Send("{RIGHT}")
EndFunc

;Send Rewind command to Netflix
Func netFlixRewind()
Send("{LEFT}")
EndFunc

No...that would be wrong. You are changing the function which is what is being sent to Netflix for control. The command that Netflix needs is CTRL+RIGHT or CTRL+LEFT. You are removing the caret, which would then only send Netflix a left or right key which means nothing to Netflix. If you want to change the hoteky used you should modify the hotkeys in the user defined block. I only expose the ability to easily change the key and not the modifier. If you want to change the modifier you would need to also change the section that looks like this:

Code:
;Initialize and set called functions for Hotkeys
   HotKeySet("+^!" & $netFlixTogglePlayHotKey, "netFlixTogglePlay")
   HotKeySet("+^!" & $netFlixFF, "netFlixFF")
   HotKeySet("+^!" & $netFlixRewind, "netFlixRewind")
   HotKeySet("+^!" & $netFlixTerminate, "TerminateNetflix")
   HotKeySet("+^!" & $XBMCFlixomateExit, "CloseXBMCFlixomate")

But...this probably still won't do what you are wanting based on my initial description above.

(2012-05-06, 03:14)Zellig Wrote: When I fired up XBMC and started playing a movie in XBMCFlix, the screen goes to Full (so XBMCFlix-o-mate is working), but neither the Stop (CTRL+SHIFT+S) command I entered works, nor the Left/Right arrows. I tried both from the remote and from the keyboard.

You're right...XBMCFlix-o-mate is working, the auto Full screen shows that...that is independent of any hotkeys so your misunderstanding of how things work won't effect that. What you are trying from the remote won't work. If XBMC actually translates a remote press to CTRL+SHIFT+S (and I'm not sure that is the case) it would only be sending that command to itself...not sending it is a system hotkey. Again...to stress this...XBMC can only control itself with a remote, not other spawned processes (with the possible exception of the stop key being able to close a spawned process as discussed earlier in this thread).

The Left/Right arrow not working is as I explain above...what you did here was only break the functionality by telling the script to send the wrong keys to Netflix, not by modifying the script to accept a different key.

As far as CTRL+SHIFT+S not working to exit Netflix....that should work. If you change the following:

Code:
Settings.myExitNetFlixKey = "Q"
Settings.myExitNetFlixKeyModifier = KeyModifier.ALT+KeyModifier.SHIFT+KeyModifier.CTRL

to

Code:
Settings.myExitNetFlixKey = "S"

Then S+SHIFT+CTRL should close down the browser. Again...the remote will not help you here because XBMC interpretation of the remote will not pass on to any 3rd party programs. I would run in debug mode and verify the correct hotkey is being registered (you can post the debug output). But I really don't think it matters in this case since you seem to be approaching this from the wrong perspective.

(2012-05-06, 03:14)Zellig Wrote: But I can exit from IE by pressing CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+Q, which should have been changed to be CTRL+SHIFT+S.

What am I doing wrong?
CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+Q to close Netflix is actually defined in two places. Once in the Sikuli script (which is what you tried to edit). But, this key is also defined in the AutoIt script:

Code:
$netFlixTerminate = "Q"

The reason it is in both places is for linux support. Since linux users don't have the AutoIt wrapper it is in the Sikuli script. But, the Sikuli script is not as aggressive in closing down the browser, so the AutoIt is the preferable place. So this explains why CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+Q is still closing it down even though you changed it in the Sikuli script....it is using the AutoIt code.

Long story short you can't do what you want...it would be nice...but the whole point of XBMCFlix-o-mate is to deal with the fact that:
A) XBMC remote can only control XBMC itself
B) Netflix does not expose hotkeys for all control functions.

If things worked the way you wanted, that would mean that even without XBMCFlix-o-mate you should still be able to control the Netflix exposed functions (FF/REW/Play/Pause/Full Screen) with a remote....but this is not the case.

If you want to use a remote to control Netflix you HAVE to use a program that can convert remote presses to system keypresses. XBMC does not do this. This is why I stress in the documentation that you have to use a 3rd party remote program (like EventGhost). Without this you will have to just use hotkeys directly.

If you are still having problems just getting hotkeys to work (exclusive of remote) I can try to assist, but you should re-read the documentation to understand what this program is meant to provide.
.peace out.
^^^

Thanks for the detailed explanation -- I finally understand the issue Smile

You are correct, the change to SHIFT+CTRL+S does not work.

I'll play with Even Ghost (if someone already has a working template for controlling Netflix with MCE remote commands, it'd be great if they can post it here).

Alternatively, I'll just program the Netflix commands into my universl remote on dedicated keys.

Thanks again!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMCFlix-o-mate5