• 122(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
congratz on your 1k posts. Wink
and no stress mate just keep up the good work
Hey, next question. Why does it save a <moviename>-poster, <moviename>-fanart, poster and fanart? I don't want the poster and fanart. I have the box unchecked for creating poster and fanart in the settings. Thanks.
BTW, having a file named <moviename>-trailer.mov does not flip the trailer flag. Using the same naming convention with an .mp4 file does trip the flag.

(2014-11-27, 05:52)clubwerks Wrote: Hey, next question. Why does it save a <moviename>-poster, <moviename>-fanart, poster and fanart? I don't want the poster and fanart. I have the box unchecked for creating poster and fanart in the settings. Thanks.
Have you got download from fanart.tv enabled? This saves as poster.jpg and fanart.jpg. Idea is for use of Artwork downloader in XBMC, where it will search for Fanart.Tv images as poster.jpg and fanart.jpg.

(2014-11-27, 06:04)clubwerks Wrote: BTW, having a file named <moviename>-trailer.mov does not flip the trailer flag. Using the same naming convention with an .mp4 file does trip the flag.

Fix is in place for the Next release, MC3.610b, not out yet.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
OK, I thought it just didn't work for files named movie-trailer.mov. I thought changing it to <moviename>-trailer.mov would fix the problem. Thanks.

(2014-11-27, 08:16)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 05:52)clubwerks Wrote: Hey, next question. Why does it save a <moviename>-poster, <moviename>-fanart, poster and fanart? I don't want the poster and fanart. I have the box unchecked for creating poster and fanart in the settings. Thanks.
Have you got download from fanart.tv enabled? This saves as poster.jpg and fanart.jpg. Idea is for use of Artwork downloader in XBMC, where it will search for Fanart.Tv images as poster.jpg and fanart.jpg.

(2014-11-27, 06:04)clubwerks Wrote: BTW, having a file named <moviename>-trailer.mov does not flip the trailer flag. Using the same naming convention with an .mp4 file does trip the flag.

Fix is in place for the Next release, MC3.610b, not out yet.

So are you saying I SHOULD have those checked in the preferences? Save as fanart.jpg not 'moviename-fanart.jpg' as well as poster? I thought the moviename version was the preferred method. I thought everything was going in that direction. Thanks.
hey Vbat.
just an update
get missing fanart still over writes existing fanart even though dont overwrite fanart is checked atleast for tvshows
in the renaming regex's i had thought %R was the mpaa certification rating not the imdb score. is there an option for that as i'd like to have my movies in seperate folders by rating.
(2014-11-27, 11:48)ztrust Wrote: hey Vbat.
just an update
get missing fanart still over writes existing fanart even though dont overwrite fanart is checked atleast for tvshows

Is this the Batch Rescraper for Tv?

(2014-11-27, 16:25)NeonLightning Wrote: in the renaming regex's i had thought %R was the mpaa certification rating not the imdb score. is there an option for that as i'd like to have my movies in seperate folders by rating.

Will add %M for mpaa certification. For the next release.
Media Companion Dev.
(2014-11-26, 17:05)ztrust Wrote: hey Vbat
sorry to keep coming with something but I noticed a few things.
banners get downloaded from Tmdb even though Fanart.tv has banner (and I must admit the quality is better from Fanart.tv) is this a bug since every thing else seems to get taken from fanart.tv if its there.
possebli an option to resize banners to fanart.tv dimensions ?
and I have noticed Extra fanart seem limited to 4 ?
named fanart 1-4
It would be nice with an option to choose how much extra fanart to download.
following the artwork downloader thread extrathumbs should be thumb 1 -4 and extra fanart keeps their name/id

Code:
Poster (poster.jpg)
FanArt (fanart.jpg)
Extra fanart (<image ID from provider>.jpg)
Extrathumbs (thumb1.jpg to thumb4.jpg)

Ztrust

Having a nosy at this one, and Yes, I've got it wrong for extrathumbs.

But, I'll have to re-think how we get the Extra Thumbs and extra fanart. I suspect we'll have to set a limit, like Artwork Downloader, and download them into the folders. I'll also have to re-design the Fanart Tab, somehow, to select just main Fanart image, or extra images, whether they be ExtraFanart or ExtraThumbs.

Maybe, MC should do away with the user being able to select and save Extra Fanart and Extra Thumbs, and just have it on Autoscrape, or Batch Wizard.

Think I need feedback from Users, on which way to turn on this idea.

Please, all who use Media Companion, can users comment if they even use the Manual saving of Extra Fanart or ExtraThumbs? Or should Media Companion remove this from the Fanart Tab, and only get this artwork on Scrape, Rescrape and Batch Wizard Rescraper.

Media Companion Dev.
Hey vbat
yes it was for the batch resraper for tvshows.

and not to add to the irretation but I think it works correctly for extra thumbs atleast naming and there should be only for
artwork downloader 7.1

To be honest the only reason i commented on it was because its there and I noticed there was a minor problem.
but as regards to user handling. I dont think people select extra fanart since its in the background and its something that just need to be there so moving it to batch (but with an option as to how many)
but extra thumbs is in forground I could see people choosing theese and would like and option to select them since these are presented in the skins that use em.
@ztrust

I changed the fanart for a couple of my shows then selected Search for and download missing fanart if available
Clicked Start update
Then check those shows. No fanart was overwritten or changed.
Confirmed that Don't overwrite existing artwork was checked.

Unchecked Don't overwrite existing artwork and tested again. And still, fanart was not overwritten.

The setting in Batch wizard doesn't use the Don't overwrite existing artwork, and it only download if there is no existing fanart. Double checked the routine, and it verifies if the file is already present to skip.

Only one that misbehaved was Search and Download missing art from Fanart.Tv. With don't overwrite disabled, it overwrote all artwork. I'll fix that issue, as it should be only downloading missing images.
Media Companion Dev.
Hi I think you should remove this from the Fanart Tab, and only get this artwork on Scrape, Rescrape and Batch Wizard Re scraper.
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Would someone please be kind enough to explain how to correct this small problem I have.

This is based on using the film Dumb and Dumber (1994) as an example, going on what is displayed by TMDB and IMDB
this film is displayed as a UK12 cert, yet when I scrape the film it comes back as being a PG-13 cert which is what is
being displayed as a US cert on TMBD.

I've tried every combination I can think of under movie preferences and still get the same result,
so if you can help me I'd be very grateful.

As said I've based this on just the 1 film as the example but it happens to a fair few others in the list.

many thanks
Wurzle
(2014-11-30, 08:28)Wurzle Wrote: Would someone please be kind enough to explain how to correct this small problem I have.

This is based on using the film Dumb and Dumber (1994) as an example, going on what is displayed by TMDB and IMDB
this film is displayed as a UK12 cert, yet when I scrape the film it comes back as being a PG-13 cert which is what is
being displayed as a US cert on TMBD.

I've tried every combination I can think of under movie preferences and still get the same result,
so if you can help me I'd be very grateful.

As said I've based this on just the 1 film as the example but it happens to a fair few others in the list.

many thanks
Wurzle
Quick test and you need to bring UK to the Top of the list of Select IMDB Certification Priorities, then Dumb and Dumber scrapes with a UK 12 Rating, from IMDB.

As for TMDB, It returned PG-13, as you mentioned. I will look at getting this to return the correct rating from TMDB.
Media Companion Dev.
Hi vbat99

Thanks for getting back so quickly will reset things as you've stated and report back to you.

Thanks very much again for your help.
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10