• 134(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2015-01-19, 21:45)RonnieG3 Wrote: Just a quick question - can't remember if it's been asked before:

Are there any plans to add filters to TV like we have for Movies? I know we have the option to select missing episodes, etc, but I was thinking more comprehensive, incorporating Studio, Rating, Genre, Cert, Status (Open/Locked/Un-Verified), and specifically Watched Status. Is that even feasible?

Right now, no plans to add any filtering apart from what is present.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Aw poop Angry

Oh Well - will have to make due with what we got ( like we've been doing for how long now? Wink )

It's all good Cool
hi guys, first thanks for this free app great work

i start using this app and everything work great, i have one question

is there a way to setup to scan new movies only at startup or if i rescan the library to only download data for new movies

thanks in advanced
(2015-01-23, 08:07)mata7 Wrote: hi guys, first thanks for this free app great work

i start using this app and everything work great, i have one question

is there a way to setup to scan new movies only at startup or if i rescan the library to only download data for new movies

thanks in advanced

Gidday mata7

We don't have an option for Media Companion to do a Search on start-up, but we have a command line program, mc_com.exe. See documentation

As for rescanning the library for new movies, below is a reply i posted a while back

I have a large-ish collection also, but I don't have all the movies or TV Shows loaded into Media Companion.

For TV Shows, I have only the current shows being downloaded, ie: Weekly downloads.

As for Movies, once scraped by MC, I rarely have to re-edit them. Instead, I have a Temp folder that I place new movies into, and MC (Media Companion) only points to that Temp folder.
I scrape the movie, actors, artwork, and once happy, move the movie(s) from the Temp to the Main Movie Folder.

Now, I don't know if that configuration suits you, but if it does, you can have the best of both worlds. Using Profiles. In General Preferences.
Create a new Profile in Media Companion, say called 'Temp Scraping'. and switch over to this profile.
Now just change the movie folder to a Temp Folder, and for TV, remove any shows that are complete/ended. And ta da, should be a lot quicker.

And you can switch between default and Temp Scraping profiles as required. Default profile having all shows and movies, would only need Refreshing occasionally.
Media Companion Dev.
thanks for you help, nice work
That works great for me. Thank you.

(2015-01-14, 08:45)vbat99 Wrote: Actually, why not use the Movie Batch Rescrape Wizard?

Just make sure you have Don't overwrite existing artwork selected in General Perferences.

You have two options, and I'd suggest the first one.

Select say five movies (puts you into multi-save mode), then click on the menu Movies, then select Batch Rescraper Wizard

Check it out. Last option in that box is
Attempt to download artwork from fanart.tv if Movies are in Folders

This will only scraper the fanart.tv images, and with the Don't overwrite selected, will leave you existing artwork alone.

Test and play.
hi guys can someone please help me out

i have Band of brothers show

TV Shows\Band of brothers\Season 1\S01EXX <--- Work great scrap all shows
TV Shows\Band of brothers\Season 00\S00E12 or We Stand Alone Together <------- Dont work

i cannot get scrap for specials shows , can some one please help me
There is no episode 12 in specials for band of brothers.

Check the TV DB for clarification
Media Companion Dev.
i see this one

http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=episode...&id=333159
Yes, but the episode in Specials is episode One.

DVD Episode and Absolute episode is 12, but as there is only four specials listed on TVDB, you will need to use their episode number to correctly scrape this special.

Trust me, when it comes to specials, TVDB can be a nuisance, as they will remove specials if they are only on a DVD and haven't been aired. Top Gear is one example of this.

Cheers
Media Companion Dev.
thank you it work now, god i been all day yesterday trying to figet this out, im glad that i pop the question

thanks alot for you help
This is a little off topic?? Sorta...

Anything in the works to possibly get media companion to scrap music also?

This is just such an amazing piece of software that I can't help but wish it also worked with my music collection.

I use MediaMonkey but it only scrapes one album at a time and not very well at that.
No plans for music, but soon will have music Video support
Media Companion Dev.
Very handy app, but I have issues with the search function. At the present moment there are 3 lists: Title & year, file name and folder name. If you apply A-Z sort order to Title& Year it is working fine. However, if you apply the same sort order to other 2 lists the order is no way alphabetical. Precisiely, the order is the same as in A-Z sort order of Title& Year list but the items in the list have corresponding file name or folder name.

Another Issue I am experiencing is the the search via keyword. As far as I understand the search is conducted using sort field written in nfo file which in my case is the same as title of the movies. However, in most cases it's more convinient to search via DVD code rather than the title. Unfortunately, that is impossible to do using filters. Is there any plan to impement keyword search using other variables such as IMDB id(DVD code) or actors? Even if the keyword search using file name or folder name lists was available it would be much easier.
(2015-02-03, 07:00)Fu_Manchu Wrote: Very handy app, but I have issues with the search function. At the present moment there are 3 lists: Title & year, file name and folder name. If you apply A-Z sort order to Title& Year it is working fine. However, if you apply the same sort order to other 2 lists the order is no way alphabetical. Precisiely, the order is the same as in A-Z sort order of Title& Year list but the items in the list have corresponding file name or folder name.

Another Issue I am experiencing is the the search via keyword. As far as I understand the search is conducted using sort field written in nfo file which in my case is the same as title of the movies. However, in most cases it's more convenient to search via DVD code rather than the title. Unfortunately, that is impossible to do using filters. Is there any plan to impement keyword search using other variables such as IMDB id(DVD code) or actors? Even if the keyword search using file name or folder name lists was available it would be much easier.

I see a little bit of work needs to be done with the filtering of Filename and foldername options for Movies. I'll add that to the To Do list.

As for searching, I am not sure what DVD code is? Oh, are you meaning IMDB ID code (this isn't the DVD code, but IMDB's database id number). We don't search by this number, as you'd need to know the 9 character ID to be able to search for it.

You can search by typing part of a movie's name. Ie: capt brought up Captain Philips and both Captain America Movies.
You can also search by tag or by Sets (if you have these filters enabled), by Genre, Year, Votes, Source, Actor and also Director, Codec, Audio Channels, and Certificate to name a few.

I feel there is enough ways for a User to filter/search their movie database, than using IMDB ID.
Media Companion Dev.
  • 134(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10